[Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
WeakSauce and Firewater have been patched on the latest HTC builds, the current solution is SunShine http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792487

WeakSauce is an exploit for some HTC devices. It will not work on all HTC devices, if it crashes or doesn't make su available, then it isn't compatible at this time, and I have no interest in adding compatibilitiy. At the time of release, I confirmed that it was compatible with the HTC One m7 & m7 on Verizon. Those are the only two officially supported devices. Yes it will work on other phones, and is worth a try. It will also crash on many, and some it will appear to work and won't. I am not fixing this at this time.

Since this app is just so easy to use, and I am tired of off topic posts, I am closing the thread. If you can not figure out how to use it, ask elsewhere.

This app may not be redistributed, integerated in a toolkil or script, or sold in any way.

It gains root, mounts a new xbin containing busybox, and su. While it is designed for the Verizon HTC One m7 and m8, it will work on other HTC devices as well. It is a crapshoot depending on both model, and sometimes on firmware version. This exploit will re-root your device each boot. You only have write access to /system/xbin with this exploit.

Donations for this project can be sent to -> HTCWeakSauce@gmail.com

Credits:
vuln - jcase
exploit - jcase & beaups
icon - mattlgroff
Dr_Drache - lots of testing

Installation:
Install the WeakSauce app, run it hit agree.
Then install SuperSu from the market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu
On boot (well about 30 seconds after full boot), WeakSauce will re-root your device.

Unroot:
Uninstall app, uninstall SuperSu do a hard reboot (adb reboot)

Update:
Uninstall app, Uninstall SuperSu, do a hard reboot (adb reboot), reinstall app, re-root, reinstall SuperSu app.

Trouble shooting:
Uninstall WeakSauce
Uninstall SuperSu app
do a hard reboot (adb reboot)
reinstall WeakSauce
re run WeakSauce
reinstall SuperSu app
then ask for help on XDA (This means don't email me for help on this topic).

ChangeLog
Fixed supersu updating
Updated supersu su binary
Fixed replacing xbin at boot
Added more compatibility for older models

S-Off:
Gain root with weaksauce
use firewater (http://firewater-soff.com/)
uninstall weaksauce
flash custom recovery
flash supersu or superuser

Attachments

• WeakSauce-1.0.1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 77,525
Last edited:

tombepa

Jul 14, 2010
So after we use firewater for s-off and install custom recovery and flash su we will be fully rooted with all the benefits thereof?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Here is the deal, neither @beaups no I have our own HTC m8. We need m8s to futher hack on it. The release of this root exploit, is for the sole purpose to fund our hacking. We are accepting (not mandatory) donations via paypal or google wallet to -> HTCWeakSauce@gmail.com. This exploit is not to be redistributed, put in a toolkit, uplaoded elsewhere. Thanks can be given with the thanks button, but please don't just post thanks as it is just clutter.

Credits:
vuln -jcase
exploit - jcase & beaups
icon - mattlgroff

It will root your device, however only /system/xbin will be writable.

Then install SuperSu from the market ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu )

On boot (well about 30 seconds after full boot), WeakSauce will re-root your device.

Uninstall app and reboot to unroot.

If you are on a Verizon HTC One m7 (not m8), you can then use http://firewater-soff.com/ to s-off. After s-off, uninstall WeakSauce, and use a custom recovery to install su.

do we just use the regular firewater method or use weak sauce as-well?

Thanks again for this!

Last edited:

life02

Jan 17, 2006
DFW
jcase, this is the best news I've had all day. It worked great for me. Expect a donation soon.

dcorrea

Dec 20, 2007
Stupid question but does the superuser app matter?

Last edited:

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
su:sorry is a mac error,

ie you were not running the commands on the phone at that time

Harrys-MacBook-Pro:~ HarryShowerman$ cd desktop
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:desktop HarryShowerman$ cd "android tools"
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb reboot
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
./adb shell3445 KB/s (4347896 bytes in 1.232s)
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb shell
shell@m7wlv:/ $ su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewatershell@m7wlv:/ $
shell@m7wlv:/ $ /data/local/tmp/firewater
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/tmp/firewater: can't execute: Permission denied
126|shell@m7wlv:/ $ ./adb shell
/system/bin/sh: ./adb: not found
127|shell@m7wlv:/ $ Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb shell
shell@m7wlv:/ $ su
root@m7wlv:/ # chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@m7wlv:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater

==================== firewater S-OFF 0.5.3.16 ===========================

firewater S-OFF comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied)
and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task.
We have made every effort we can to make this a safe process for users
however the authors disclaim any liability for damage to your phone
or other materials or devices used during this process.

The entire risk of running firewater S-OFF lies with you, the user.
By using this software you acknowledge and accept that the authors
are not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

firewater S-OFF may not be rehosted, repackaged, one-clicked, etc.
support is available @ #firewater on the freenode and andirc networks
support is much faster there vs.posting helpme threads on xda etc

Do not operate a motor vehicle after interacting with firewater
Do not inhale firewater or allow firewater to come in contact with eyes
firewater is best served at extremely cold temperatures
firewater has been known to cause temporary lapses in judgement
DO NOT TAUNT FIREWATER, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

=========================================================================

Do you understand the implications of these warnings?

(Yes/No)
yes
Type 'Yes' or 'No'
(Yes/No)
Yes

!!If firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes or device enters qhusb mode, ho !!If firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes or device enters qhusb mode, ho !!If firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes or device enters qhusb mode, hold power for 60 seconds !!
=========================================================================
preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........
whelp, that bottle is empty, opening bottle 2
chugging..........
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$

my phone reboots by itself once it is done but I'm still locked and s-on

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WeakSauce and Firewater have been patched on the latest HTC builds, the current solution is SunShine http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792487

WeakSauce is an exploit for some HTC devices. It will not work on all HTC devices, if it crashes or doesn't make su available, then it isn't compatible at this time, and I have no interest in adding compatibilitiy. At the time of release, I confirmed that it was compatible with the HTC One m7 & m7 on Verizon. Those are the only two officially supported devices. Yes it will work on other phones, and is worth a try. It will also crash on many, and some it will appear to work and won't. I am not fixing this at this time.

Since this app is just so easy to use, and I am tired of off topic posts, I am closing the thread. If you can not figure out how to use it, ask elsewhere.

This app may not be redistributed, integerated in a toolkil or script, or sold in any way.

It gains root, mounts a new xbin containing busybox, and su. While it is designed for the Verizon HTC One m7 and m8, it will work on other HTC devices as well. It is a crapshoot depending on both model, and sometimes on firmware version. This exploit will re-root your device each boot. You only have write access to /system/xbin with this exploit.

Donations for this project can be sent to -> HTCWeakSauce@gmail.com

Credits:
    vuln - jcase
    exploit - jcase & beaups
    icon - mattlgroff
    Dr_Drache - lots of testing

Installation:
    Then install SuperSu from the market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

Unroot:
    Uninstall app, uninstall SuperSu do a hard reboot (adb reboot)

Update:
    Uninstall app, Uninstall SuperSu, do a hard reboot (adb reboot), reinstall app, re-root, reinstall SuperSu app.

Trouble shooting:
    Uninstall WeakSauce
    Uninstall SuperSu app
    do a hard reboot (adb reboot)
    reinstall WeakSauce
    re run WeakSauce
    reinstall SuperSu app
    then ask for help on XDA (This means don't email me for help on this topic).

ChangeLog
    Fixed supersu updating
    Updated supersu su binary
    Fixed replacing xbin at boot
    Added more compatibility for older models

S-Off:
    Gain root with weaksauce
    use firewater (http://firewater-soff.com/)
    uninstall weaksauce
    flash custom recovery
    flash supersu or superuser
    Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm so excited that I can finally send my phone in to get camera fixed and not lose root. I don't have much but will donate when I get my phone back... Provided this is proven to work. Can't have kernels built on an unrooted phone...

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

If I posted it, it works
    Well, looking for something affordable for me. Sunshine way beyond my reach. That is ok I will stay unrooted until some cheap or free exploits are available. Thanks anyway Jcase and brymaster.
    I understand the hesitation on the $25. Hell, when I rooted on rumrunner, then on fire water...I was only able to toss them $5 donation. I'm not doing them a psa, but take a minute and think about what they do. Research a little about what it takes to find a root method, then think about the time and effort and possibly bricked phones they go through. Just sayin...and fyi, there aren't many others who know how to replicate their work. [emoji4]

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.
    So after we use firewater for s-off and install custom recovery and flash su we will be fully rooted with all the benefits thereof?

yes
    Is there a way to just root. I am ok without bootloader unlocked. Just want to use exposed.
    Thanks

You need bootloader unlocked. With it locked, system isn't writeable. Any changes you make to /system will be reset on boot. Hence Xposed well never work.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app