What am I searching?
You can choose one of the following four options:
- Everything: Most of the resources available from the UT Libraries. This default search combines the Library Catalog and the Articles & More options.
- Library Catalog: Everything in our physical and electronic collections (books, e-books, journals and periodicals, media, music, maps and more), plus the collections of the Harry Ransom Center and the Briscoe Center for American History.
- Articles & More: Full text articles, e-book chapters, and other content available through UT Libraries.
- Course Materials: Everything currently on reserve for UT courses. Search by keyword, course number, or instructor name.
Some resources listed in the index, or catalog, are subject to limited time licenses, meaning access to the resource is limited to a specific time period.
Why should I sign in?
Signing in with your UT EID is not required to search and view most results. However, by signing in you can:
- View your account and renew items you've checked out.
- Place Pick it Up requests for books and media.
- Place Get a Scan requests for articles and chapters.
- Place InterLibrary Loan requests for resources not held by UT Austin.
- Some results are displayed only when you are signed in as a UT-affilated user.
Need help? Visit our Ask a Librarian
service to chat, email, or schedule a consultation.