timetravel.mementoweb.org - Terms of Service
Effective Date: January 19, 2015
Use of the website http://timetravel.mementoweb.org (the “Site”) and the content and services provided through the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions. By using the Site, you accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms of Service. If you are using the Site on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service for that organization and promising that you have authority to bind that organization to these Terms of Service. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to the organization on behalf of which you are using the Site.
If any of these Terms of Service is unacceptable to you, do not use the Site.
timetravel.mementoweb.org allows finding archived versions of web resources in third party web archives, content management systems, and resource versioning systems. This functionality provided by us through or in connection with the Site are referred to collectively as the “Service.”
1. Changes to Terms of Service Are Binding; Other Policies
- We may change these Terms of Service from time to time without advance notice. Your use of the Site or Service after any changes have been made will constitute your agreement to the modified Terms of Service and all of the changes. Accordingly, you should read the Terms of Service from time to time for any changes. We will provide a link to the current Terms of Service on the Site, and will show the date on which the Terms of Service were last updated.
2. Use of Site and Service
- You agree to use the Site and the Service only in ways that comply with all applicable laws as well as these Terms of Service.
- You agree not to misuse the Service. For example, do not interfere with our Service or try to access the Service using a method other than the interfaces we provide. We may suspend our Service to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
3. Links to Third-Party Sites
The Site and Service provide links to third-party websites (“Third Party Sites”). We do not control and have not reviewed all material made available through Third-Party Sites linked from the Site. We do not endorse, are not affiliated with, and are not responsible for the availability of Third-Party Sites. You agree that use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk and that we have no responsibility or liability, directly or indirectly, for any content accessed at or any damage or losses you incur in connection with any Third-Party Site. We encourage you to be aware of the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any Third-Party Sites that you visit.
4. Metadata from Third-Party Sites
The Service uses metadata from third-party websites ("Third Party Sites"). That metadata is the sole responsibility of the Third Party Sites that make it available. We do not review any metadata to determine its accuracy.
5. Rules of Usage
Use of the Service is subject to the following restrictions and obligations:
- You may not impersonate, imitate, or pretend to be someone else when using the Service.
- You agree not to access links or content that you are not authorized to access.
- You may not attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without authorization.
- You may not disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer, or interfere with the Service or associated software or hardware in any way. You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to our servers by any means – including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by posing as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.
- You are solely responsible for installing any anti-virus software or related protections against viruses, Trojan horses worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair a computer’s functionality or operation.
6. Intellectual Property
- The Site and much of the text, images, and other content of the Site are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. We or others own the copyright and other rights in the Site, the Site content and the Service. All rights in the Site, the Site content and the Service that are not expressly granted are reserved.
- Any use or registration of trademarks, service marks or logos used on the Site in connection with any product or service in any way that is likely to cause confusion among customers or that disparages or discredits the mark owner is prohibited.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates, governing board members, officers, employees, agents and representatives, and any party with whom we may contract to provide the Service, from and against any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, arising out of or in any way connected to your use of the Site or Service, including but not limited to any allegation or claim that, if true, reflects your violation of these Terms of Service or the infringement or violation by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
8. Termination of Service
We reserve the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or Service, in whole or in part, without notice, and shall have no liability for doing so.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitations of Liability and Remedies
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ALL OR PART OF THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LINKS PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE MAY FAIL TO WORK.
- THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY, QUALITY OR SECURITY OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY SITE CONTENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction; Access from Outside New Mexico
The Site is controlled and operated from our facilities in and around Los Alamos, New Mexico. These Terms of Service, and any claim or dispute that arises from or relates to your use of the Site, the Service or any Site content, will be governed by the laws of Delaware, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of laws principles that would require or permit the law of another jurisdiction to apply. You agree that all such claims and disputes will be heard and resolved exclusively in courts sitting in the First Judicial District Court in Los Alamos, New Mexico, U.S.A.. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over you for this purpose, and waive and agree not to assert any objection to such proceedings in such courts (including any defense or objection of lack of proper jurisdiction or venue or inconvenience of forum). If you choose to access the Site or Service from locations other than New Mexico, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of those other locations.
11. General; Entire Agreement
- Your rights under these Terms of Service are personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define or limit the scope or extent of any provision of these Terms of Service.
- Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
For More Information
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Site or Service, please contact the Research Library (Memento Time Travel), Los Alamos National Laboratory, at email mementotimetravel at googlegroups dot com
© Copyright 2014 Los Alamos National Security, LLC All rights reserved