19 Dec 1996 - 14 Jan 2020
MindSpring Job Openings
MindSpring is an Internet Service Provider based in Atlanta, GA. We are dedicated to providing superior service to our customers. Our number one priority in building the MindSpring team is finding people who share our Core Values and Beliefs.
Current Listings (12-12):
Business Services Network Engineer
The Business Services division of MindSpring is looking for 1 network engineer.
The ideal applicants would have systems administration experience and a thorough knowledge of:
IP Networking and DNS
Applicants should be experienced in hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting. Some experience in customer support is a plus.
To help support our dedicated ISDN customer base, administrate our DNS and help with programming.
MIS is looking for a skilled Network Manager for our Harrisburg, PA office.
Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
- Solid knowledge of Win95
- Good to solid knowledge of MacOS
- Some knowledge of WFWG
- Solid knowledge of how these things network in an NT environment
- Good server HW experience (RAID level, disk performance, etc)
- Solid workstation HW experience (troubleshooting, not repairs)
- Ability to install and configure TCP/IP software
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Good knowledge of WINS, DHCP, NetBeui
- Some knowledge of DNS
- Ability to work independently and reliably with little direct supervision
- Conscientious and caring attitude toward work
- Desire to learn
- familiarity with Unix and network troubleshooting
- interest in WAN media, methodology and protocals
- organizational and people skills
Business Services Web Engineer
The Business Services division of MindSpring is looking for an engineer to help in the design, setup and maintenance of our web servers and services. The ideal applicant would have systems administration experience and a thorough knowledge of:
- UNIX internals (especially Solaris)
- IP Networking
- Apache httpd
- Perl, shell and CGI scripting
- C programming
Applicant should also be experienced in hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting. Experience working with a large (>1000) customer base would be helpful.
Network Operations Center Engineer
Posted - 11-4
Purpose: Monitor, manage and maintain the MindSpring customer network. Strive always to find and render customer invisible all network problems before they can impact our level of service. Apply the CV&B; to network management.
Candidate should have at least 2 years experience in the telecommunications industry and be familiar with T1, T3, and PRI installation, maintenance and troubleshooting. Should also have some knowledge of telecommunications switch technology (relating to 5ESS, and DMS-100 switches), as well as TCP/IP routing. College degree is not required, although coursework in telecommunications, engineering, or computer science is highly desired.
- Communicate heavily with telephone carriers in the resolution of network troubles. Open and update trouble tickets, and assist in troubleshooting.
- Utilize various reports to proactively troubleshoot network problems relating to modem pools, telephone circuits, and a variety of network hardware.
- Document problems and their solutions on the trouble status board and internal mailing lists.
- Alert staff and customers to outages and maintenance.
- Coordinate service maintinance outages with other MS departments and with our vendors.
USRobotics Enterprise Network Hubs
Livingston Portmaster terminal servers
Bay Networks Routers
Reply with resume to Patrick Payne. Plain text or PostScript resumes can be sent to email@example.com, faxes to 404-815-8805. Data Systems Developer (MIS)
Responsible for the development, testing, implementation, and support of enhancements to business supporting relational database systems.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement enhancements to database systems, including billing, customer service, and problem tracking systems
- Provide support for users of systems
- Provide support for ad hoc information requests
- Meet with users on a regular basis to review features & functionality
- Keep up with RDBMS/Client Server industry trends
- Publish software update documentation and problem reports
- Perform light sysadmin duties
- Client/Server technology experience
- Windows based GUI design & development experience
- Familiarity with Internet concepts
MindSpring Enterprises, a rapidly growing, customer oriented Internet Service Provider, has 3 Engineering positions for highly qualified individuals. We need:
C/Perl/UNIX/IP Networking wizards
You will need: Excellent programming skills, and a good background in UNIX system administration. Knowledge of UNIX internals (especially DigitalUNIX and BSDI), IP, TCP, and some set of mail, news, web, and ftp servers. ISP background is a plus, but not required.
WAN/LAN Networking wizards
You will need: Experience with high speed LANs, switched and routed. Cisco, Bay Networks routers, Intel hardware, and UNIX system administration (DigitalUNIX and BSDI).
These positions are in our Atlanta office. MindSpring Enterprises is committed to a set of Core Values and Beliefs. Send all resumes and inquiries to Fred Nixon, VP Engineering (firstname.lastname@example.org). - No attached files, please. Territory Manager for New York
MindSpring Enterprises is rapidly expanding throughout the country. To support this expansion we are looking for a Territory Manager in New York City. Qualifications are as follows:
- Embraces the MindSpring core values and beliefs.
- Three to five years field marketing/sales experience.
- Self-starter that requires little supervision.
- Thrives in a fast growth ever changing environment.
- Experience in developing a territory.
- Record of exceeding goals.
- Knowledge of the Internet.
- Experience in Internet field marketing and established online contacts in the metro area a huge plus.
1430 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
The software developer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing support/maintenance of the software product as outlined within the product specification document, emphasizing reliability and ease of use. The Software Developer will be heavily involved in the specification design and review process, managed by the Product Manager.
- Continuously investigate possible avenues for future technical development including but not limited to new tools, code bases, and products that can enhance our existing product offerings.
- Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with members of the technical support department. Host monthly meetings with technical support to answer questions and discuss technical matters related to current and future software development.
- Design, develop, and implement software according to schedule and budget constraints, working closely with the Product Manager to ensure that the product meets approved specifications.
- Review product documentation (specifications, online help, and user guides) to ensure accuracy. Review and provide feedback on other MindSpring products designed by other software developers.
- Document software feature/functionality/bug fixes by version to ensure that technical support and product managers are aware of enhancement implementation prior to release.
- Maintain contacts with vendors related to software development requirements
- Participate in viewing/implementation of usability tests and focus groups regarding product features and functionality as necessary.
- Ensure that all software is backed up and archived on a daily basis.
- Experience with:
- VB3, VB4, and C
- Windows programming, including Win16 API and Win32 API
- WinSock v1.1 API and RAS API
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other major Internet service protocols
- Experience with InstallShield scripting a plus
1430 West Peachtree Street, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30309
Network Operations Field Engineer
MindSpring Enterprises Inc. is look for someone that can do the following:
Perform maintenance, repair and installation of local area and wide area network telecommunications electronic equipment. Perform wiring per specifications and operational procedures. Assist with analyzing complex equipment problems and recommend corrective action to repair or replace the equipment. May also perform duties such as: Construct and/or install equipment, modems or parts to meet engineering or user requirements. Conduct test and repairs requiring selection or modification of variety of procedures on equipment and facilities; record data and problems of significant complexity; analyze data and prepare reports. Provide technical information to others inside and outside the company. May coordinate and provide work guidance and training to less experienced employees. Maintain personal time management.
Requirements: High School education or equivalent. Requires practical knowledge in electronics, electricity or related discipline gained through technical education/training. Requires in-depth knowledge of and proficiency in application of telephony and transmission principles, switching, and electronic testing gained from a minimum of four years directly related work experience. Requires advanced ability to use hands tools, electronic testing equipment and computers.
Attention NETOPS Resumes
1430 West Peachtree St. NW, Suite 400
Atlanta, Ga. 30309
MindSpring seeks individuals who embrace The MindSpring Core Values and Beliefs and desire an entry level position in a rapid-fire environment. The ideal candidate will display a willingness to help our customers understand the services we provide and a desire to contribute to the growth of our company. Activities will include inside telephone sales, associated administrative tasks, and continuous training.
The candidate must have a working knowledge of the Internet and its primary functions (Electronic Mail, Usenet, File Transfer Protocol, and the World Wide Web), competence with the Microsoft Windows operating system, and the capacity to express technical issues verbally in simple English with compassion.
Please respond with a resume to Ed Hansen, Sales Desk Manager, by email, US Mail, or fax (404.815.8805). No attached files or URLs, please. Network Management Engineer
We're looking for three skilled network and telecom-savvy people to staff our 24/7 network management center. The NMC's primary responsibility is to monitor, test, and repair MindSpring's IP and telecommunications networks.
Responsibilities include operating, configurating, and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices. Experience with some or all of these devices required: modems, SLIP/PPP terminal servers, ethernet LAN hubs and switches, digital land line CSU/DSUs (T1 and T3), IP routers, BRI and PRI ISDN hubs. Experience with Unix, HTML, small databases, trouble ticketing systems, and SNMP network management platforms a plus.
Candidates should be pleased to work within an environment shaped by MindSpring's Core Values & Beliefs, and should possess those same qualities. Reply with resume to Patrick Payne. Plain text or PostScript resumes can be sent to email@example.com, faxes to 404-815-8805. Back to the About MindSpring Page For information and support, send email to MindSpring