21 Dec 1996 - 23 Oct 2009
Randomly accessed "thoughts"....
- AOL using the Jetson theme song in their commerical. Somehow it's kind of fitting but not fitting at all.
- If Bill Clinton and Bob Dole totally reversed policies (i.e. Bill took Bob's and Bob took Bill's) don't you think Bill would still win?
- Alta Vista had a blimp sign at the world series, boy is the WWW changing or what?
- I don't know, isn't this "Internet Access Computer" just another way of saying "terminal with a built in modem"?
- Just think if it wasn't for computer generated special effects Independence Day would probably be called something like War of the Worlds and not be such a mega hit.
- Speaking of movies, I just realized how ironic it is that Apple computer is building a good deal of their "comeback" around being the offical computer of the Mission Impossible movie.
- Cudos to US District Court that ruled "Internet Users are entitled to the strongest constitutional protection" inother words no censorship. While I of course would not want my kids reading some material on the Internet that is for ME to decide, not some politican. Besides to paraphrase Marge Simpson, "one man's obsence is another man's art..."
- After watching PBS's revenge of the Nerds, I get the feeling that Bill Gates and Steven Jobs (who looks a little like Steven Segal to me) aren't exactly drinking buddies.
- I don't know about you, but even surfing at 28.8 I don't have the patience for some of these graphic intensive sites to load...
- Animated icon are cool, but they tend to get on my nerves after a while.
- Wouldn't Dennis Rodman make a really cool computer consultant?
- Are TV ads starting to look more like Web pages or are Web pages starting to look more like TV ads?
- If Bill Gates bought Prodigy could he make it successful?
- Is it better to be a Nerd or a Hacker? My guess would be hackers have more fun, but nerds make more money. I myself would probably fall in between in the Geek catagory.
- Sure, it's nice, but isn't Yahoo just a really, pretty much a big list of links? (Though the name is cool.)
- Shouldn't more browsers assume the http://www?
- If Comdex keeps growing like it is, pretty soon it will need it's own City. It's actually become sort of like a Grateful Dead concert, you go because it is an event not for the event.
- How many AOL start up disks do you have? How many AOL start up disks do you really need?
- Wouldn't Windows the Next Generation been a catchier name?
- An AltaVista search for Neil Armstrong (he walked on the moon) produces about 2000 matches, a search for Cindy Crawford (she's cute, but hasn't done anything quite as significant) produces 6000 matches.
- Frames can be either one the most useful or the most misused feature of Netscape and Internet Exploxer.
| GeoCities Silicon Valley