Title: askGPO Training
This site provides short video tutorials, recorded webinars, and written user guides to assist users from Federal depository libraries and Federal agencies with using the askGPO website
Please use the Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser for askGPO. The site will not work properly in Internet Explorer or Edge.
askGPO Training for Federal Depository Libraries
askGPO Training Manuals for Federal Depository Libraries
Short tutorial videos:
- askGPO Overall Navigation (4 minutes)
Overview of the askGPO webpage and its components.
- Submit Webforms (1 minute)
Some FDLP operations require submitting a form (ex. filing claims, requesting a visit or training, signing up to be a Partner, etc.). Learn how to log into askGPO and submit a webform for your library.
- Submit Login Request Form (1 minute)
Do you have multiple staff that need to use askGPO for your library? Depository coordinators may Submit a Login Request for additional askGPO accounts to be linked to their library.
- Federal Depository Library Directory (5 minutes)
Locate a depository library to get assistance in finding Federal Government information, and determine what regional serves a selective depository.
askGPO for Federal Depository Libraries (54 minutes, held 5/18/2021)
- Navigating the home page
- Submitting a question
- Reviewing questions you have already submitted / past questions
- Update your Federal Depository Library Directory entry
- Submit webforms (including a Claims form)
- Submit a Login Request form or a Deactivate Login form
- Q&A time
Lara Flint, Outreach Librarian, GPO
Associated files available for download:
askGPO Training for Federal Agencies
askGPO Training Guide for Federal Agencies
Short Tutorial Videos
The New askGPO: Training for Federal Agencies (15 minutes, recorded 7/21/2020)
This webcast provides a comprehensive overview for Federal agency users of how to navigate the askGPO site, submit and review inquiries, and submit an agency publication submission form.
- Lara Flint, Outreach Librarian, GPO
- Sean O’Brien, Project Manager, CoreSphere
Associated file available for download: