What Project MUSE Can Do For Your Journal
Be part of a trusted brand
MUSE is your trusted source for the highest quality journals in the humanities and social sciences from many of the world’s most distinguished university presses and scholarly societies.
Partner with an experienced team
We take care of the production, design, and technical decisions for you so you can focus on your content and marketing. Project MUSE is known in the industry for transparency---no tack-on fees or hidden surprises.
Take advantage of our flexible publishing
Publishers can release complete issues, publish issues one article at a time, or even publish several issues at a time. Publishers can also take advantage of our preprint service, which allows for release of articles that are just accepted or not yet assigned to an issue. MUSE can accommodate special anthology issues, online-only book reviews, and more.
How to Participate
- Two options for subscription services to institutions
- Society access for individual members free of charge
- Article sales directly to scholars
Publishers can also include open access journals on Project MUSE through our Hosted Journals program.
Features of Project MUSE Journals publishing
- Production services and technical expertise, support for library and publishing standards as they evolve, and constant attention to MUSE website design and functionality
- No sharing or licensing content to third parties. Publishers always know which institutions have access to their journal
- Continual monitoring for potential abuse at subscribing institutions
- Journal usage statistics available in an interactive tool featuring graphics and downloadable reports with filters for article, issue, country, and institution
- Partner with Google and Google Scholar to ensure that MUSE meets their scholarly content indexing requirements and, as appropriate, to roll out new technology and connections for our users, such as mobile quick abstracts, branding for the MUSE platform, and CASA enhancement
- Partner with library vendors to ensure coverage in knowledge bases and discovery systems and enhance discovery by linking agreements with partners such as the Modern Language Association
- DOIs assigned and deposited in CrossRef, an organization that facilitates linking from footnotes and references of online journals and books, at no charge to the publisher
- Publisher content and brands promoted in conference materials, social media (organic and paid), and on the MUSE site. MUSE also collaborates with publishers on publicity initiatives
WHAT'S ON MUSE
POLICY & TERMS
Now and Always, The Trusted Content Your Research Requires
Built on the Johns Hopkins University Campus
©2021 Project MUSE. Produced by Johns Hopkins University Press in collaboration with The Sheridan Libraries.