, tags, and tracking settings to store information that help give you the very best browsing experience.
Akadémiai Kiadó Zrt. values the relationship with you and recognises the importance of respecting and protecting your personal information and privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information you provide us will be processed (meaning collected, stored and otherwise used) by us.
Please read this policy carefully as it sets out what you can expect from us and gives you our contact details if you wish to ask any questions or raise concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act CX11 of 2011
, with effect from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller responsible for processing personal data is Akadémiai Kiadó Zrt., (address: H-1117 Budapest, Budafoki út 187-189. Bldg. A, III. floor).
How do we collect your personal information?
You may provide us with information when you are accessing our website (https://akjournals.com/
). This includes information that you provide when you register to use our website, products or services, subscribe to one of our services, search for a product, place an order, or report a problem with our site or request information from us. You may also correspond with us by post, telephone or email.
What kind of data do we process about you?
1. The data you provide us at registration includes your name, title, email address, encoded password, academic institution name, department, position, organisation mailing address, telephone number
2. The data connected to purchase indicates the product or service, delivery address, billing address, details of the subscription
3. Data created by you or linked to your subscription and stored on your account: account settings, subscription details and licensed content, alert settings, saved searches, articles or journals.
4. If you link your mobile device to your institution’s content we store the date of mobile pairing and the expiry date
5. In case you sign an Open Access License Agreement we handle your name, address, e-mail address, article title, journal title, name of co-author, billing data, signature. The general terms of our Open Access License Agreement can be accessed here
6. Data generated with the use of Access Token while accessing content that needs authorisation from us (date, name of the access token owner, name of the provided institute, visited pages, time of visiting, duration of the access)
When you visit our websites we automatically collect technical information from your computer or other device.
The information we may collect about you in this way may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used, your browser type and version, the type of device used, and time zone setting, etc. We may also collect information about each visit you make to our website, including which website you were on immediately before you navigated to our sites, and how you have progressed through and from our sites – as well as content you have searched for or viewed on our sites.
How we use your information (and the lawful bases for that processing)?
We might also use your data to notify you about changes to our service (as is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
If you subscribe for newsletter on our latest news and special offers we use your name, e-mail address and settings for the delivery of the marketing content. If you would like to change any of the data above, please, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicate your new preferences.
If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing emails, please do so by updating your Profile Preferences at our Newsletter
page. Please note that unsubscribing from newsletters will not affect your alert settings. These can be managed separately here
Sharing information with third-parties
For the purposes referred to in this policy and relying on the bases for processing as set out above, we may share your personal information with our business partners who are providing a service to us on a separate contractual basis, for example:
· a platform for an Akadémiai Kiadó web-based product: Dartmouth Journal Services, Inc., Sheridan PubFactory;
· for the purposes of fulfilling an order that you have placed with us, delivering a product;
· collecting your data;
· sending system generated e-mails:
In addition, we may transfer data to other recipients (e.g. public authorities) to the extent we are obliged to transfer your personal data on the basis of a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Transfer outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your personal information will be accessible to Akadémiai Kiadó employees and business partner service providers based inside and outside the EEA (e.g. Dartmouth Journal Services, Inc., Sheridan PubFactory;).
Where we use third parties to process information on our behalf, we will ensure that there are the necessary agreements in place to provide the same standards that we have at Akadémiai Kiadó and incorporating the European Commission approved model clauses where necessary to provide a lawful basis for the transfer of personal information outside the EEA.
How long do we keep your information?
We will retain your registration information for 5 years after your last recorded interaction with us although there are be exceptions to this, for example where we have a legal obligation to retain accounting information for a period of 8 years.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
Under the Act you have the following rights:
· to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
· to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
· to require us to erase your personal information;
· to require us to restrict our data processing activities;
· where our processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
· where the processing is carried out by automated means, to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you (including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller);
· to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about anything you have read on this page or you are concerned how your personal information has been handled by Akadémiai Kiadó, you can contact at email@example.com
or for marketing specific queries please see marketing preferences section above.
Referral to the competent authority
If you are an EU Citizen and are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can refer to the authority in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
If we make changes to this policy we will detail them on this page. If it is appropriate we may provide you with details by email; we suggest that you regularly visit this page to see any changes or updates to this policy.
This policy was last updated in March, 2020.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Copyright Akadémiai Kiadó
AKJournals is the trademark of Akadémiai Kiadó's journal publishing business branch.
Powered by PubFactory