Use BONUS+ if your home library doesn't have a particular book available, or you want more books on your topic. It's easy and quick to use.
BONUS+ member libraries
14 July 2020:
BONUS+ re-opens, with the exception of Deakin University and University of Melbourne. Books from these universities are not currently available for requesting / borrowing, and their members may not request titles from other BONUS+ libraries. Renewal of existing loans to and from Deakin and University of Melbourne will continue to be available, unless a hold is placed on the title at the owning site.
It is unclear at this point when Deakin and University of Melbourne will be able to re-open their BONUS+ services. Contact your home library if you have any questions - libraries are continuing to provide services online to their clients..
24 March 2020: BONUS+ services have been temporarily suspended due to the physical closures of member libraries and campuses, in response to the COVID-19 close-downs of non-essential services in Australia and New Zealand.
BONUS+ and the member libraries have increased the number of Renewals possible to prevent overdues - remember to renew your BONUS+ books in your home library patron record while your library and BONUS+ are closed.
You don't need to specifically register for BONUS+ - your library membership includes this free service.
How do I request an item?
- Search the BONUS+ catalogue directly, or if you can't find an available item through your local library, click the icon. This may appear in your catalogue if your item isn't found, or in your library's search engine.
- When you find your item in BONUS+, click REQUEST THIS ITEM.
- When the question: With which library are you registered? appears, select the BONUS+ library you are registered with.
- Enter your login details, and select where you want to pick the item up. (Contact staff at your library if you can't find your barcode number to login.)
- BONUS+ will validate your request, and send it to the lending library selected by its algorithm. You cannot select the library from which to borrow.
How long does a BONUS+ delivery take?
- Delivery to your specified pickup location can be expected within 3-10 working days, depending on the location of the lending library.
- Your library will notify you when it's available for pickup.
How do I renew, track, or cancel a BONUS+ request?
- To track your request, renew, or check the due date, login to your patron record (My Library) at your home library website. Your BONUS+ loans and requests will display along with your other loans and requests. The system will not let you renew an item if someone else has requested it.
- You may cancel a BONUS+ request through your patron record if it shows a REQUESTED status. If the item shows as IN TRANSIT, or READY, it's too late to cancel it, but you may return it straight away..
What are the loan conditions?
- The loan period is 21 days.
- Two 21 day renewals are allowed if no-one else has requested/placed a hold on the item.
The maximum number of BONUS+ requests you can make (including borrowed items) at any one time are:
- Undergraduate students - 5
- Postgraduate students and staff - 10
A BONUS+ loan remains on your patron record until the borrowed item is checked back in at the owning library.
Lost or damaged book fees
A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries). Replacement books are not accepted. The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library. Overdue fines may also be imposed. Please contact your local library in relation to items that are claimed as returned, lost or damaged.
Use of BONUS+ implies acceptance of these rules.
Can my BONUS+ book be recalled? It can't be recalled, but another borrower may place a hold on the item. If this happens, you won't be able to renew the loan and you must return it by the due date. Why can't I place a Hold / make a Request for an available item? You may have reached the maximum number of active requests.
- A BONUS+ loan remains on a patron record until the borrowed item is checked back in at the owning library.
- Undergraduate students may have 5 active requests at any one time
- Postgraduate students and staff may have 10 active requests at any one time.
- If your home library also limits the number of holds that can be placed by their clients on items in its collection, any active BONUS+ holds are also counted towards that total.
Why can't I request a specific volume of a multi-volume work? The owning library hasn't coded the multi-volume work so that separate volumes can be specifically requestable. A l
ocal library staff member may be able to help by contacting the owning library.
Christmas close downs may cause short delivery delay BONUS+ member libraries have scheduled Christmas close-downs of various durations between 5pm, Friday 18 December 20213 and 9am, Wednesday 13 January 2021. You will continue to be able to place requests for BONUS+ items during this period, but due to the close-downs and Christmas mail, there may be short delays in the delivery to your home library of some requests.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Last Updated: Sep 3, 2021 3:09 PM