ABS-CBN is considered one of the country’s leading media and entertainment companies, with service offerings across the different platforms of media, servicing a wide array of customer segments.
As an organization, ABS-CBN affirms its mission of being in the service of the Filipino and all of its stakeholders worldwide. The company is driven to pioneer, innovate and adapt as it continues to provide information, news and entertainment that connects Filipinos with one another and with their community - wherever they may be. ABS-CBN is firmly committed to pursuing excellence.
Prior to the shutdown of its broadcast operations in 2020, ABS-CBN was the largest television network in the Philippines. As a radio broadcast company, it operated 22 radio stations including anchor radio stations in Mega Manila, DZMM and DWRR, in the AM and FM bands, respectively.
The company delivers television programming outside of the Philippines to over 3 million viewers in North America, the Middle East, Europe, Japan, Australia, Canada, and other countries in Asia, through the internet and the Company’s global distribution platform, TFC, using DTH satellite service, cable television channels, IPTV, mobile applications and video streaming services. Its offerings are further complemented by subsidiaries focused on other multimedia services such as film production, music recording, telecommunications, and magazine and book publishing.
The Quality Engineer will participate in the agile software development processes for web applications and ensure compliance with COBIT 5 standards and requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with team members to plan stories and develop acceptance criteria
- Identify, log and track defects
- Prepare test plan and test scenarios
- Nurture stories through development and testing until they’re done
- Manually test new features
- Identify scenarios for automation
- Regression test released features
- Participate in team activities such as planning and retrospectives
- Test using one or more open-source automated testing tools
- Web automated testing using Selenium or Katalon
- Performance testing using JMeter
- Test case management using VSTS or Jira Zephyr
- Mobile testing using Appium, Robotium
- Perform REST API testing using tools such as Postman
- Ability to configure testing environments (setting up Windows or Linux VMs, basic database administration, etc.)
- Performs other related function as assigned to ensure efficient and effective functioning of work unit
- College degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science, Information Technology, Technology Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- At least 1 year experience working on an Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment an advantage.
- Familiarity with one or more open-source automated testing tools (Automation testing, Selenium, Load Testing)
- Familiarity with REST API testing using tools such as Postman
- Knowledge of version control systems (like Git, VSTS)
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.
© 2022 ABS-CBN Corporation. All Rights Reserved.