Page 1 of 1
You are logged out. You will not receive credit for completing this module unless you log in.
Discussion: Thinking about Wikipedia
- What do you think of Wikipedia's definition of "neutrality"?
- What are the impacts and limits of Wikipedia as a source of information?
- On Wikipedia, all material must be attributable to reliable, published sources. What kinds of sources does this exclude and how might these policies affect coverage of historically underrepresented populations? How might Wikipedia change if it allowed the use of non-published sources, such as oral traditions and histories?
- Does it matter who writes Wikipedia? If so, why?
- How does Wikipedia define expertise and what it means to be an expert? How does this compare to more traditional definitions of expertise?