Read the latest updates from the Design System team. We will highlight new features, changes, and progress.
- Website Header: Added a dark variant to support a refresh to Deep Blue Documents.
- Website Header: Removed the divider between the logo and the website name and condensed the text for a better use of space.
- Added aria-hidden="true" to SVGs since they are purely presentational.
- Redesigned the landing page to highlight what is available to use.
- Getting started information has been reduced to a section of content just obove the footer on every page, for ease of access and use.
- Redesigned and lightened up the code previews to allow for “Copy HTML” and “Edit in CodePen.”
Added “Edit in CodePen” option near code examples to support a design system prototyping code playground.
We finally have a way to create our own HTML elements
and use them in any framework we want. This update is our investment in that web standard and our first public release.
The redesigned library website
was launched and is built with the Design System 🤩. Also, Library Search
has been updated to use the Universal Header and Chat.
If you found a mistake on this page, would you kindly submit a fix?
You can start using the Web Components
and design tokens
immediately by adding this stylesheet and these script tags to the <head>
<link href="https://unpkg.com/@umich-lib/css@v1/dist/umich-lib.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
<script type="module" src="https://unpkg.com/@umich-lib/components@v1/dist/umich-lib/umich-lib.esm.js"></script>
<script nomodule src="https://unpkg.com/@umich-lib/components@v1/dist/umich-lib/umich-lib.js"></script>
Use this design system across any framework or no framework at all. We accomplish this by using standardized web platform APIs
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN LIBRARY
913 S. University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109