What is Discover?
Discover provides simple, one-stop searching for books, ebooks, articles, theses, open access sources, archives, museum and special collections, images, recordings and news.
Enter search words and you’ll see the options to limit results to Libraries and archives; Archives and research; Museums and collections; Everything.
What is included?
- Libraries and archives – limit results to books, ebooks, theses and dissertations, images, recordings and archive sources.
- Articles and research – limit results to journal articles, open access sources, reports and theses and dissertations.
- Museums and collections – limit results to sources in Durham University museums, archives and special collections.
- Everything – all Durham University Library and Collections and open access sources – you can narrow down results once you’ve seen all that there is for your topic.
Note: Discover doesn’t include some business and law sources which you will need to search from the subject Libguide.
Where can I get help?
Advanced search enables you to structure your search to locate specific authors, titles of items, dates and media.
Sign in with your Durham username and password to:
- view all results (some databases will only show results when you’re logged in)
- renew items on loan
- create favourites lists
- export references
If you need support or have any questions, just Ask DULib!