Emerald Customer Support
Federated access to Emerald Insight (Shibboleth)
Modified on: Thu, 7 Oct, 2021 at 10:59 AM
Emerald supports federated authentication through Shibboleth and OpenAthens (version: SAML 2.0) and is compliant with the following Federations:
- Austria (ACOnet) Identity Federation
- Australia (AAF)
- Brazil - CAFe Federation
- Canada Access Federation (CANARIE)
- China (CARSI/CERNET) Federation
- Croatian Academic & Research Federation
- Czech Academic Identity Federation (eduID.cz)
- German Higher Education (DFN-AAI)
- Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HEAL-Link)
- Hungarian Research & Educational Federation (HREF)
- India: INFLIBNET Access Management Federation (INFED)
- Ireland Edugate Federation
- Italy – (IDEM GARR)
- Japan (GakuNin) Academic Access Management Federation
- Malaysia (SIFULAN)
- Mexico (FENIX)
- Pakistan (PKIFED)
- OpenAthens Federation
- Slovenia – ArnesAAI Slovenska izobraževalno raziskovalna federacija
- South Africa Identify Federation (SAFIRE)
- Spain: Instituciones académicas (RedIRIS:SIR)
- Sri Lanka: LAIF
- Sweden (SWAMID)
- Swiss Higher Education (SWITCHaai)
- The Netherlands (SURF Conext)
- Turkey (Yetkim)
- UK Access Management Federation
- U.S. InCommon
We recommend accessing via your institution's library portal in the first instance, since your library has already determined their preferred method of authentication for access to our content.
To log in directly on our platform using your Shibboleth OR OpenAthens details, please go to www.emerald.com/login and select: If your institution or Federation does not appear on the search tool that results please ask your library to contact Emerald Customer Support to enable Shibboleth access to our platform.
If your password / log in details are invalid, please contact your institution's library service for assistance.
Library AdministratorsIf your institution is a member of the supported federations, but your institution isn't listed in the search bar, please fill out the below Federated Access Request Form and return it to Emerald Customer Support and we will add your IdP to your account.
If you do not see your federation on this list, please indicate the federation and institution name, and that you’d like to enable Shibboleth or OpenAthens institutional support. Emerald will then contact the federation directly to enable federated access for their members.
Did you find it helpful? Yes No
Please note: Website translation services are provided by Google Translate. Emerald does not warrant to make any promises, assurances or guarantees as to the accuracy or reliability of the translations provided by Google Translate.
Emerald will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or issues sustained as a result of using Google Translate. Anyone relying on information obtained from Google Translate does so at his / her own risk.