Abdallah Ben Abdel Mohsen At-Turki Abdallah Ben Abdel Mohsen At-Turki
: عبد الله بن عبد المحسن التركي
, born 4 August 1940) is a Muslim religious leader from Saudi Arabia
who has been General Secretary of the Muslim World League
Birth and academic career
At-Turki was born in Riyadh Province
. He attended the Sharia College in Ar-Riyadh
, graduating in 1963 with a bachelor's degree in Islamic Law
. He attended the Higher Law Institute in Er-Riad, earning a master's degree in 1969. In 1972 he defended a thesis on foundations of Islamic jurisprudence at Al-Azhar University
making him the first Saudi to get a Ph.d. from Al-Azhar.
He taught at the Higher Scientific Institute from 1961 to 1969, and was Dean of the Arab Language College in Er-Riad from 1969 to 1975. He was appointed Provost of Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
in 1975, and later became rector of this university.
At a conference in Makkah
in 2015, commenting on the violence caused by ISIS
, he said: "The terrorism that we face within the Muslim Ummah
and our own homelands today … is religiously motivated. It has been founded on extremism, and the misconception of some distorted Sharia
Published books include:
- Osool Madhab al Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal (the fundamentals of imam Ahmed bin Hanbal school).
- Asbab Ikhtilaf Al Foqaha (the causes of differences between jurisprudence scholars).
- Menhaj Al Islam Fi Bina Al Osra (the approach of Islam in the building of family).
- Menjaj Al Malik Abdul Aziz (King Abdul Aziz's approach).
- Majmal Itikad Aimat Alk Salaf (a summary of the belief of previous imams).
- Menhaj Al tamul Ma Al Sira (the approach of dealing with the biography of the Prophet).
- Al imman Mohammed bin Saud: the state of Dawa wa Al Dohat (Immam Mohammed bin Saud: the state of the call and callers).
- Al Ommah Al Wasat wl al menhaj al nabawi fi al Dawa ela Allah (the middle national mission and the Prophetic approach in the call to Allah).
- Masoliat Al Dawla Al Islamiah an Al Dawa Ela Allah (the responsibility of the Islamic state for the call to Allah).
- Al Mamalaka Al Arabia Al Saudia wa khidmatiha lilislam wa Al Muslimeen fi Al Gharb (the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its services to Islam and Muslim in the West).
- Al Islam wa hokouk Al Insan (Islam and human rights).
- Tamolat fi Dawat Al sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Wahab (contemplations in the call of sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul wahab)
- ^ a b "Abdallah Ben Abdel Mohsen At-Turki". Congress of World Religions. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ^ a b "Sixth Session". Dubai International Holy Quran Award. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ^ Delman, Edward (26 February 2015). "An Anti-ISIS Summit in Mecca". The Atlantic. The Atlantic. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
Last edited on 23 October 2020, at 19:53
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.