Its population is 100% Pashtun
Achin is home to the Shinwari
tribe, one of the largest Pashtun tribes.
The primary licit crop in Achin is wheat. Collecting and selling firewood, and manual labor, are other income-generating activities.
Tobacco is also grown in the district.
In 2000, UNDCP
recorded 130 poppy
-growing villages in Achin, making it the greatest opium growing district in eastern Afghanistan that year.
- ^ "MRRD Provincial profile for Nangarhar Province" (PDF). Mrrd.gov.af. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- ^ a b "UNHCR District Profile" (PDF). Aims.org.af. 2002-07-02. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-10-27. Retrieved 2006-07-06.
- ^ "U.S. Bombs, Destroys Khorasan Group Stronghold in Afghanistan" (Press release). United States Central Command. 2017-04-13. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- ^ Mashal, Mujib; Abed, Fahim (2017-04-14). "'Mother of All Bombs' Killed Dozens of Militants, Afghan Officials Say". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- ^ "Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development" (PDF). Mrrd.gov.af. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- ^ 
Last edited on 29 December 2020, at 17:33
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.