(born 3 November 1963) is a Tunisian Italian
fashion model, actress and television presenter.
Born in 1963
in Ben Gardane
, Afef is a naturalized Italian
citizen. She is the daughter of the former Tunisian ambassador Mohamed Jnifen, who also was ambassador in: Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, and Bahrain. Her mother, Saida Benina, is of Turkish
She is married to Marco Tronchetti Provera
, an Italian businessman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pirelli & C. S.p.A.
and Telecom Italia
Jnifen's modeling career began when she was discovered by photographer Jean-Paul Goude
, who spotted her walking on the beach while he was shooting a "Club Med" ad with Carla Bruni
in the Bahamas
. Goude put Jnifen in the ad and suggested her to go to Paris
and meet the designer Azzedine Alaïa
. She quickly became a favorite model of many of Europe's top designers, travelling between Milan
and Paris while working for Armani
, Jean Paul Gaultier
, Roberto Cavalli
, and others.
Jnifen's successful career in fashion has since spanned three decades representing top international brands such as L'Oréal
In addition to modeling, Afef is also a successful actress, known for TV series La grande notte
in 2003 on Rai 2
She also was hosted in television programs such as Maurizio Costanzo Show
in 1982 on Canale 5
and Quelli che... il calcio
in 1993 on Rai 3
She has also been a popular Italian television presenter, hosting, in 1999 with Fabrizio Frizzi
, Scommettiamo che....
on Rai 1
, and, in 2006 with Gene Gnocchi
, La grande notte
on Rai 2.
- ^ "Afef Jnifen - Dagospia". Dagospia. Archived from the original on 26 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- ^ Sanna, Cristiano (2019). "[Il ritratto] Afef, le quarte nozze, i milioni e quei veleni da scansare. Il potere riservato di una ribelle". Tiscali Spettacoli. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- ^ "Tunisian-born beauty Afef Jnifen". W Magazine. 2012-03-01. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- ^ Lockwood, Lisa (2017-08-30). "The Late Franca Sozzani to Be Honored by Fashion 4 Development". WWD. Archived from the original on 2017-11-19. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- ^ La grande notte at IMDb
- ^ Maurizio Costanzo Show at IMDb
- ^ Quelli che... il calcio at IMDb
- ^ "Project Runway: Abdelhanine Raouh, étoile montante de la couture au Maroc". Al HuffPost Maghreb (in French). 2018-02-21. Archived from the original on 2019-04-18. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- ^ "Former Bazaar Cover Star Afef Jnifen Named Ambassador Of Fashion 4 Development". Harper's BAZAAR Arabia. Archived from the original on 2017-12-01. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
Last edited on 27 July 2021, at 13:41
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.