is an American director/producer of films and Broadway shows, including the award-winning documentary STEP
Life and career
Amanda was born in Baltimore, Maryland to Brenda Rever and Roger Lipitz.
After graduating from the Park School of Baltimore
, she studied theatre at New York University'sTisch School of the Arts
, where she earned a BFA in Theatre in 2002.
Lipitz is the founder of Amanda Lipitz Productions, under which she has produced many Broadway shows and directed & produced numerous short films for non-profit organizations.
Awards and Nominations
- Winner of Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize for Inspirational Filmmaking, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize, Step (2017)
- Nominee for the Stockholm Film FestivalBronze Horse for Best Documentary, Step (2017)
- Winner of AFI Docs Festival Audience Award for Feature Documentary, Step (2017)
- Winner of Black Reel Award for Outstanding Documentary Feature, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Cinema Eye Audience Choice Prize, Step (2017)
- Winner of Cinetopia Film Festival Audience Award for Documentary, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Critics Choice Award, Best First Documentary, Step (2017)
- Winner of Film Club's Lost Weekend Award for Best Documentary, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Hot Docs Canadian Int'l Documentary Festival Audience Award, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Melbourne International Film Festival People's Choice Award for Best Documentary, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Seattle Film Critics Award for Best Documentary, Step (2017)
- Winner of Seattle International Film Festival Women in Cinema Lena Sharpe Award, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Seattle International Film Festival Futurewave Youth Jury Award, Step (2017)
- Nominee for Seattle International Film FestivalGolden Space Needle Award, Step (2017)
Stage Producing Credits
- ^ Weddings/Celebrations (4 July 2004). "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS; Amanda Lipitz, Gregory Smith". The New York Times, “Style”.
- ^ "Amanda Lipitz '98 Wins 2017 Sundance Film Festival Award for STEP". 2017. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- ^ J. Wynn Rousuck (27 February 2005). "Baltimore dynamo put her faith in 'Scoundrels'". Baltimore Sun.
- ^ Susan Josephs (Fall 2008). "Making It on Broadway" (PDF). Jewish Woman Magazine. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- ^ Marilyn Stasio (12 November 2015). "Broadway Review: 'Arthur Miller's View From the Bridge' with Mark Strong". Variety.
- ^ "The Humans — Nominee for Best Play". 2016. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- ^ "Brooklynite, The Vineyard Theatre". 2015. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- ^ "STEP the Movie, Fox Searchlight Pictures". 2017. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- ^ Gregg Kilday (2017). "Documentary Roundtable: Ethical Dilemmas and Shouldering a "Very Different Responsibility Than 20 Years Ago"". Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- ^ Mike Flemming Jr. (2017). "Lionsgate Plans English-Language 'Instructions Not Included' Remake; Amanda Lipitz To Direct". Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- ^ "Amanda Lipitz". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
Last edited on 4 June 2021, at 07:20
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.