Andrew Reynolds (political scientist)
He has published opinion pieces in the New York Times, Washington Post, and other papers. He also and sits on the editorial board of the academic journal Representation
His work has been translated into multiple languages: French, Spanish, Arabic, Serbo-Croat, Albanian, Burmese, and Portuguese.
His opinion piece in the North Carolina newspaper News and Observer
on research from the Electoral Integrity Project
, on whose International Advisory Board Reynolds sits, received attention when it declared his home state of North Carolina could "no longer considered to be a fully functioning democracy" with 12 other U.S. states scoring as poorly.Andrew Gelman
, a Columbia University
statistician, subsequently criticized Reynolds's op-ed and the statistical basis of the EIP's ratings.
- Reynolds, Andrew (1994). Election '94 South Africa: the campaigns, results and future prospects. New York: David Philip St. Martin's Press. ISBN 9780864862761.
- Reynolds, Andrew; Reilly, Andrew (1997). Electoral system design: the new international IDEA handbook (volume 1). Stockholm, Sweden: International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA).
- Reynolds, Andrew; Sisk, Timothy, eds. (1998). Elections and conflict management in Africa. Washington, DC: United States Institute of Peace Press (USIP). ISBN 978-1878379795.
- Reynolds, Andrew, ed. (1999). Election '99 South Africa: from Mandela to Mbeki. New York: St. Martin's Press. ISBN 978-0312228712.
- Reynolds, Andrew (1999). Electoral systems and democratization in Southern Africa. Oxford New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198295105.
- Reynolds, Andrew, ed. (2002). The architecture of democracy: constitutional design, conflict management, and democracy. Oxford, UK New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199246465.
- Reynolds, Andrew; Reilly, Ben; Ellis, Andrew (2005). Electoral system design: the new international IDEA handbook. Stockholm, Sweden: International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA). ISBN 9789185391189.
- Reynolds, Andrew (2011). Designing democracy in a dangerous world. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199594481.
- Brownlee, Jason; Masoud, Tarek; Reynolds, Andrew (2015). The Arab Spring: Pathways of Repression and Reform. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- ^ "Andrew Reynolds". National Endowment for Democracy. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- ^ "US Election Blogs". The Electoral Integrity Project.
- ^ "Representation". editorial board. Taylor & Francis. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- ^ Reynolds, Andrew. "North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy". newsobserver.
- ^ Gelman, Andrew (4 January 2017). "The Bad Research Behind the Bogus Claim That North Carolina Is No Longer a Democracy". Slate.
Last edited on 9 February 2021, at 00:30
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.