The Arab Thought Foundation
is an independent international non-governmental organization
having no association with regimes and no political
, party or sectarian affiliations whatsoever. Since its establishment in the year 2000 by His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal
, with the support and competencies of a group of intellectuals, investors and businessmen who believed in its message and principles of enlightenment, the Foundation is committed to instilling pride in the traditions, principles and values of the nation by promoting responsible freedom
, reinforcing Arab solidarity and strengthening the unifying Arab identity, while preserving the wealth diversity and plurality
In its contributions to intellectual
efforts, ATF has adopted an approach based on fostering partnerships and cooperation with complementing relevant organizations, institutions, think tanks
centers. It has also launched many pioneering programs and projects aimed at empowering the youth, modernizing the teaching and learning methods of Arabic
language and highlighting the importance of dialogue
and openness to the world's many languages and cultures
ATF has sought to spread knowledge, encourage creativity and innovation, develop structures and mentalities and achieve the objectives of comprehensive and sustainable development
, through its various programs, projects, conferences, awards, forums
, seminars, books, reports, and other publications.
Since 2002, it constitutes a landmark in the history of cultural conferences in the Arab World, and an interactive platform for constructive exchange of ideas, expertise and leading experiences. The Conference
raises every year an emerging topic affecting the Arab World and addresses it in a scientific, civilized and responsible manner.
Arab Creativity Award
It was launched in 2007 with the aim of highlighting creative works and stimulating innovation, as well as stressing on the outstanding achievements, exceptional ideas, innovative work and creative energies, in order to contribute in spreading and promoting the culture of creativity
, with a particular focus on young generations.
It was launched in 2007 with the aim to stimulate the potential and creative energies of the youth and empower them to assume responsibilities, develop their communities, enhance the spirit of participation and cooperation, and raise the level of awareness, culture and knowledge.
They includes "Arabi21" program, which aims to contribute to the development of Arabic language
learning and teaching methods; “TAMAM” project that represents an innovative model for the development of schools in the Arab world, as well as “Tarbiya21” project which aims to contribute to the educational development through knowledge exchange among educators around the world.
Since its launch in 2010, it has been publishing books, reports, researches, scientific studies and research-based projects, and other publications in relation to the developmental, intellectual and cultural aspects of the Arab world. The most prominent publications are the Arab Annual Report on Cultural Development, Ofoq Newsletter, and a series of translated books from French
and Indian to Arabic within “One Civilization" program.
- Develop pride in the values and unity of the Arab nation by launching pioneering intellectual programs and initiatives based on cultural and cognitive enlightenment.
- Honor creativity and excellence to promote and spread the culture of innovation and development in the Arab world.
- Support and empower the Arab youth by highlighting their developmental initiatives within their communities.
- Contribute to the development of the methods of teaching and learning Arabic language.
- Publish books, reports, translations in various knowledge-based and intellectual fields.
- Engage and coordinate with individuals and organizations concerned with Arab cultural and intellectual solidarity on the Arab, regional and international levels.
Awards and Recognition
In recognition of its initiatives and contribution to promote the diversity of Arab thought, culture, and development and to foster a culture of dialogue, the Arab Thought Foundation (ATF) garnered many Arab and international awards, most notably
- “Mohammed Bin Rashid Arabic Language Award 2017” for its remarkable contributions in serving the Arabic language through an array of leading initiatives, projects and programs
- “Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award 2016” granted by Dubai Knowledge Summit
- Al-Arabi Magazine awarded ATF in 2014 on the sidelines of its annual meeting
- “Gusi Peace Prize International 2013” from the Arab American Institute in Washington
- “Khalil Gibran Spirit of Humanity Award 2012" from the Arab American Institute in Washington
- HRH Prince Khalid Al Faisal, President of Arab Thought Foundation, was honored by the Arab Media Forum held in Kuwait in 2012 for his exceptional contributions and efforts
Last edited on 28 March 2021, at 01:14
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.