The rate of poverty is more than 60% in this governorate but recently some social safety networks have been provided in the form of financial assistance and job opportunities. The funding has been coordinated by the country's Ministry of Finance
and with assistance from international organizations.
The governorate is divided into the following municipal divisions
for administrative purposes with a total estimated population as of July 2017 of 1,481,446. In some instances there is a markaz and a kism with the same name.
According to population estimates from 2015 the majority of residents in the governorate live in rural areas, with an urbanization rate of only 42.3%. Out of an estimated 1,431,488 people residing in the governorate, 826,543 people live in rural areas as opposed to only 604,945 in urban areas.
Colourful houses on Heissa island
The following are in Aswan Governorate.
According to the Egyptian Governing Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI), in affiliation with the Ministry of Investment (MOI), there is an industrial zone called El Shalalat located in this governorate:
- ^ "Population Estimates By Governorate ( Urban /Rural ) 1/1/2018". www.capmas.gov.eg. Archived from the original on 2018-11-02. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- ^ "رسمياً.. المحافظون الجدد ونوابهم يؤدون اليمين الدستورية أمام الرئيس". Almasry Alyoum (in Arabic). 30 August 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-08-31. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- ^ Britannica Book of the Year 2014, p.589
- ^ "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- ^ "Social Solidarity Ministry to provide citizens with disabilities financial support". Egypt Independent. 25 July 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- ^ "Aswan Governorates Subdivisions". CityPopulation.de. Archived from the original on 2018-11-25. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- ^ "Markazes of Egypt". statoids.com. Gwillim Law. Archived from the original on 2017-10-19. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- ^ "Population Estimates By Sex & Governorate 1/1/2015" (PDF). CAPMAS. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2015-10-19. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- ^ "Industrial Zones of Governorate". Ministry of Investment Egypt. Archived from the original on 2018-11-23. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
Last edited on 11 May 2021, at 06:02
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.