Black Europeans of African ancestry This article is a translation-work in progress
of the article Européens
from French to English.
You can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
Black Europeans of African ancestry
, or Afro-Europeans
, refers to people in Europe who trace full or partial ancestry to Sub Saharan Africa
In the European Union
as of 2019, there is a record of approximately 9.6 million people of Sub Saharan African
descent, comprising around 2% of the total population, with over half located in France
. The countries with the largest African population in the EU
The remaining 14 states of the European Union
have fewer than 100,000 individuals of Sub-Saharan African
descent all together.
As countries such as Poland
, Czech Republic
have received little to no immigration from Sub Saharan Africa or interaction that would have caused the formation of black or mixed race communities. Black populations, inclusive of descendants, mixed race people, and temporary students, number fewer than 10,000 in each of these states.
The topic and trend of multiracialism resurfaced in Uganda as multiracial Ugandans were officially being recognized as true Ugandans (Multiracial Ugandans in Uganda
The rest of Europe
The United Kingdom
has approximately 2.5 million black people, inclusive of mixed race, according to the 2011 Census
. Black people from the EU who have settled in the UK are also included such as the Black Anglo-Deutsch. Switzerland
and 115,000 people of Sub-Saharan African descent, respectively; primarily composed of refugees and their descendants, but this is only the numbers for first generation migrants and second generation migrants with two parents from a different country. There are no official numbers in Norway regarding Afro-Norwegians
, as Norway does not have census regarding race or ethnicity. However, Norway collects data on migrants up to the second generation, which can be used to accurately estimate the effective Black population. 
The East Slavic
and West Balkan
states along with Turkey
have negligible populations of Black people, numbering fewer than 40,000 all together; primarily composed of foreign students from Africa mostly in Universities in Turkey
If North Africans
, who are of Berber
ancestry, were to be included, this estimate would double to nearly 22 million.
More than 1,000,000 sub-Saharan Africans had settled in Europe between 2010 and 2017.
- ^ Small, Stephen (15 June 2018). "The African Diaspora in Europe Today". AAIHS. Retrieved 22 September 2020. For example, in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Italy, the majority of Black people arrived only since the 1990s, they did not speak the national language, they arrived as refugees, and are primarily Muslims. In the UK, France, Netherlands, as well as in Belgium and Portugal, large numbers of Black people arrived in the 1950s–1970s, speaking the national language, as citizens and mainly Christians.
- ^ "French Institute of Demographic Studies".
- ^ "Statistiche demografiche ISTAT". demo.istat.it. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "Población (españoles/extranjeros) por País de Nacimiento, sexo y año". INE (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "Bevölkerung in Privathaushalten nach Migrationshintergrund im weiteren Sinn nach Geburtsstaat in Staatengruppen".
- ^ "CBS Statline". opendata.cbs.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "Statistics Portugal - Web Portal". www.ine.pt. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-07-20. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- ^ "Bevolking naar woonplaats, nationaliteit, burgerlijke staat, leeftijd en geslacht | Statbel". statbel.fgov.be. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "PxWeb - välj tabell". www.statistikdatabasen.scb.se. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ a b "Eurostat".
- ^ "Population by Race and Ethnicity Ireland"(PDF).
- ^ "StatBank Denmark". www.statbank.dk. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "11rs -- Syntyperä ja taustamaa kielen, iän (1-v.) ja sukupuolen mukaan, 1990-2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- ^ "Käsitteet ja määritelmät" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 30 July 2020. Syntyperä ja taustamaa ... Suomalaistaustaisia ovat myös kaikki ne henkilöt, joilla vähintään toinen vanhemmista on syntynyt Suomessa. ... Ulkomaalaistaustaisia ovat ne henkilöt, joiden molemmat vanhemmat tai ainoa tiedossa oleva vanhempi on syntynyt ulkomailla. ... Jos kummankaan vanhemman syntymävaltiosta ei ole tietoa, on taustamaa ulkomailla syntyneiden henkilöiden osalta henkilön oma syntymävaltio. ... Ulkomailta adoptoitujen lasten osalta ottovanhemmat rinnastetaan biologisiksi vanhemmiksi.
- ^ a b c "Migration and migrant population statistics".
- ^ "2020-03-09". ssb.no. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "Top 20 countries for international students". the Guardian. 2014-07-17. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- ^ "At Least a Million Sub-Saharan Africans Moved to Europe Since 2010". Pew Research Center. 22 March 2018. Archived from the original on 1 March 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
Claudy Siar délégué interministériel à l'égalité des chances, Baptême médiatique difficile pour le nouveau délégué interministériel, François-Xavier Guillerm(agence de presse GHM), 1er avril 2011. » [archive], sur Blog France-Antille de François-Xavier Guillerm [archive]
Last edited on 20 July 2021, at 07:52
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.