(previously The Book Depository
) is a UK
-based online book seller with a large catalogue offered with free shipping to over 160 countries.
The store was founded by a former Amazon
employee. In 2011 it was acquired by Amazon.
Logo until 2016
The company was founded in 2004 by Andrew Crawford
and current Chief Operating Officer Stuart Felton; its motto is to make "All Books Available to All"
by improving selection, access and affordability of books. 
On 4 July 2011, Amazon
reached an agreement to acquire Book Depository.
In 2012, it was a finalist for the Retail/Leisure business of the Year
Fast Growth Business Award and won two UK Startup Awards
, Online Business of the Year
and Retailer of the Year
In 2009 and 2010, it won Direct Bookselling Company of the year
at the Bookseller Industry Awards
and the Queen's Award For Enterprise.
- ^ a b Wood, Zoe (5 July 2011). "Booksellers fear 'stranglehold' as Amazon snaps up British rival The Book Depository". London: The Guardian.
- ^ "Which countries do you deliver to?", Help, The Book depository.
- ^ "How does the Amazon acquisition affect The Book Depository customers?", Help, The Book Depository.
- ^ a b "Book Depository: Free delivery worldwide on over 20 million books". www.bookdepository.com.
- ^ "Start-up Award". UK: Startups.
- ^ "Bookdepository". 100 List. UK: Fast Track. 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-01-12.
- ^ "Bookseller Award". Events force.
Last edited on 31 December 2020, at 12:10
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.