The castle's place and Dar Hussein
It is located in 4 the castle's place in Bab Mnara district.
Scheme of the ground floor of Dar Hussein
Balcony of the first floor
This palace was the house of many princes
for centuries. Each one of them added his personal touch and extended it more.
In 1858, Dar Hussein became the first municipal council of Tunis and got the name of Dar El Achra
(House of the ten) as it had 10 members.
The main hall of the palace
After 1957, became the main office for the National Institute of Heritage.
It got its name from its last owner, the General Hussein who was a very close friend to Hayreddin Pasha
« Dar Husseïn » [archive], sur asmtunis.com
Last edited on 9 April 2021, at 22:57
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.