Democratic Alliance for Egypt
The Democratic Alliance for Egypt
التحالف الديمقراطي من أجل مصر
Results of the Parliamentary elections
In the 2011/2012 parliamentary elections
, the Democratic Alliance won 10,138,134 votes out of 27,065,135 correct votes, or roughly 37.5% of all votes. The Alliance thus received 127 seats out of 332 in the Egyptian Parliament. The 127 seats were divided between members of the Alliance as follows:
In addition, independent candidates of the Freedom and Justice Party
won 101 seats out of the 168 seats allocated for independent candidates.
Thus, the Democratic Alliance won a total of 228 seats out of 498 (45.8%) in the 2012 Egyptian Parliament, thus becoming the largest political bloc in the parliament.
- ^ a b c "Democratic Alliance", Egyptian Elections Watch, Al Ahram, 18 November 2011, retrieved 28 November 2011
- ^ Al-Salama wal Tanmeya Party: (Safety and Development Party), Aswat Masriya, 6 December 2011, archived from the original on 12 December 2013, retrieved 14 May 2013
- ^ a b "Egypt after the Revolt. Emboldened Muslim Brotherhood May Emerge from Egypt's Spring Power Transition". Thecuttingedgenews.com. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- ^ SCAF to meet with parties who oppose elections draft law| 4 July 2010
- ^ Egypt in Transition. Jeremy M. Sharp. Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs. August 23, 2011
- ^ Enein,Ahmed Aboul. "All broken up: new coalitions form as old electoral alliances die out". Daily News Egypt. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- ^ "Liberal Nour subsumes Ghad El-Thawra into the Egyptian Conference". Ahram Online. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- ^ National Salvation Front threatens civil disobedience, Egypt Independent, 2012-11-30, retrieved 2013-05-14
- ^ Political parties announce alliances ahead of parliamentary polls, Egypt Independent, 6 March 2013, retrieved 2013-05-14
- ^ http://www.masrawy.com/infograph/
- ^ http://electiongate.com/?p=14572
- ^ http://www.25yanayer.net/?p=27052
Last edited on 14 May 2020, at 21:32
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.