History and Acquisitions
Forensic Technologies International was founded in 1982 by two engineers, Joseph Reynolds and Daniel Luczak, to provide expert witnesses
for litigation and provide visual presentations to demonstrate complex technical issues for juries. Luczak later served as FTI's chairman from 1992 to 1998. The company went public in May 1996, raising $11.1 million and debuting at $8.50 a share. It was one of the first litigation support companies to be publicly traded.
Forensic Technologies International rebranded itself as FTI Consulting in 1998, and in 1999 began trading on the New York Stock Exchange
After 1998, FTI's business focused increasingly on "financial surgery on troubled companies, either through bankruptcy proceedings or in workout situations with creditors."
The company added over 1,000 employees to its Forensic and Litigation Consulting ("FLC") division since the passing of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act
, which excluded auditors from providing consulting work to their public clients. FTI Consulting purchased PricewaterhouseCoopers
' U.S. Business Recovery Services Division ("BRS") for $250 million in 2002, which at the time was the largest provider of bankruptcy, turnaround and business restructuring services in the United States
The company purchased KPMG
's Dispute Advisory Services in 2003.
The company purchased Chicago-based Compass Lexecon
in 2003, maintaining the name as a subsidiary.
FTI acquired Ringtail Solutions Group in 2005.
Ringtail's signature product, the Ringtail Discovery Software Suite, provides e-discovery and document management tools to assist corporations and law firms during litigation engagements. FTI acquired Attenex Corporation in 2008
and merged Attenex Patterns with Ringtail Discovery Software Suite to form Ringtail 8 E-discovery Software.
In 2006 the company acquired the London-based communications consultancy Financial Dynamics ("FD").
FD is now referred to as the Strategic Communications Division of FTI. In 2007, FTI expanded into Latin America
and reported US$1 billion in annual revenue for the first time.
In 2008, FTI purchased the Schonbraun McCann Group, a real estate consulting firm based in New York
, and Forensic Accounting, a forensic accounting practice based in the UK
In 2009, FTI Consulting was listed by Fortune
as one of the 100 fastest growing U.S. companies.
In 2015, The Deal
named FTI Consulting the world's top restructuring adviser to distressed companies.
In 2016, the company led the list of the International Who's Who of Commercial Arbitration
for the sixth consecutive year.
FTI Consulting is organized into five business segments. The first, Corporate Finance and Restructuring, provides business turnaround services, including support for restructuring, litigation, insolvency, and interim management. The second, Economic & Financial Consulting, provides economic analysis and expert testimony for law firms, corporations and government agencies. The third, Forensic and Litigation Consulting, provides investigative data analysis and forensic accounting
services, as well as construction solutions[buzzword]
services. The fourth, Strategic Communications, offers public relations
services for "clients managing financial, regulatory and reputational challenges." The fifth, Technology, provides specialized software to manage the risks involved in e-discovery
FTI Consulting has established partnerships with companies and organizations in several fields. It is a member of the World Economic Forum
Some of the company's senior and regional leaders participate in the Forum's meetings, participating in several projects related to anti-corruption, energy and professional services principles.
- ^ a b "Office Locations - FTI Consulting Offices". fticonsulting.com.
- ^ "The Top 50 Consulting Firms In 2019 By Revenue, Prestige, Growth & Employee Satisfaction". consulting.com. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- ^ "America's Best Management Consulting Firms". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- ^ "Lehman Creditors Panel Hires FTI Consulting, Houlihan Lokey" Bloomberg News 18 September 2008.
- ^ FTI Consulting chairman: West Palm Beach is good for business South Florida Business Journal 27 Jan. 2012.
- ^ "Lawyers make millions off Madoff mess"CNNMoney 16 Feb. 2011
- ^ a b c "It's a Grand Time to Be a Workout Artist". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- ^ Inc, Kiplinger Washington Editors (2008-06-01). Kiplinger's Personal Finance. Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc.
- ^ https://leaguetables.thedeal.com/power-ranking/pr-2019/q4-3/
- ^ "A CASE FOR COURTROOM PRESENTATIONS". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- ^ "FTI Consulting, Inc. - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on FTI Consulting, Inc". referenceforbusiness.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- ^ a b "Company History | Business Growth | FTI Consulting EMEA". fticonsulting-emea.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- ^ "FTI Consulting raises profile". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- ^ FTI Consulting To Acquire U.S. Business Recovery Services Division ("BRS) Of PricewaterhouseCoopers 
- ^ FTI Consulting Completes Acquisition of KPMG's Dispute Advisory Services 
- ^ "Lexecon To Be Acquired by FTI Consulting". Compass Lexecon. September 25, 2003. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- ^ Inc., FTI Consulting. "FTI Consulting to Acquire Ringtail Solutions". prnewswire.com.
- ^ Inc., FTI Consulting. "FTI Consulting, Inc. to Acquire Attenex Corporation". prnewswire.com.
- ^ "FTI to Launch Ringtail 8 E-discovery Software". FTI Technology. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- ^ "FTI Consulting to Acquire Financial Dynamics". PR Newswire. September 11, 2006.
- ^ Plunkett, Jack W. (2008-03-01). Plunkett's Companion to the Almanac of American Employers 2008: Mid-Size Firms. Plunkett Research, Ltd. ISBN 9781593921071.
- ^ "FTI Consulting Inc. (FCN): New Analyst Report from Zacks Equity Research - Zacks Equity Research Report". NASDAQ.com. 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- ^ "100 Fastest-Growing Companies 2009 FTI Consulting - FCN - from FORTUNE."CNNMoney June 2012.
- ^ "FTI Consulting (FCN) Completes Acquisition of FS Asia Advisory Limited". StreetInsider.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- ^ Farey, Daniel (2013-11-08). "FTI Consulting in advanced talks with TLG Partners". PR Week. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- ^ Farey, Daniel (2014-01-15). "FTI Consulting finalises acquisition of TLG". PR Week. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- ^ "TLG". Tlgpartners.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- ^ Ember, Sydney. "FTI Consulting Names New C.F.O." DealBook. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- ^ Inc., TheStreet. "The Deal Announces Q4 2015 Out-of-Court Restructuring League Tables". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- ^ Inc., FTI Consulting. "FTI Consulting Professionals Recognized as Leading Expert Witnesses". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- ^ "Consulting Services | FTI Consulting Service Areas". fticonsulting.com. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- ^ "Who We Are | Professionals | Leaders | Economists | FTI Consulting". fticonsulting.com. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- ^ World Economic Forum website Archived 2012-04-13 at the Wayback Machine 1 May 2012
- ^ "Larger Asia Companies Look To Europe"Financial Times 22 January 2011.
Last edited on 3 February 2021, at 09:04
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.