International Association of Arabic Dialectology The International Association of Arabic Dialectology
: Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe
) is an association of researchers in Arabic dialects
, from all over the world.
AIDA was founded in 1992, in Paris, at the initiative of a group of prestigious Arabists, with the aim to encourage and promote the study of Arabic dialects
AIDA is nowadays the leading international association in this field of research and it has become a center that joins scholars from all over the world who are interested in any aspect of Arabic dialectology
, including dialects which have not been described yet, dialectal geography, specific aspects of phonology
, koiné language
, the lexicon of Arabic dialects, dialectal atlases
, teaching of Arabic dialects, and so on.
AIDA organizes conferences that are held in well-known universities every two years (with some exceptions).
Different Arabic dialects in the Arab world
First Executive Board (1993 - 2004)
- Dominique Caubet (France) – president
- Abderrahim Youssi (Morocco) - vice-president
- Bruce Ingham (Great Britain) – vice-president
- Manwel Mifsud (Malta) – secretary
- Peter Behnstedt (Germany) – vice-secretary
- Martine Vanhove (France) – treasurer
Second Executive Board (2004 - 2015)
- Stephan Procházka (Austria) – president
- Abderrahim Youssi (2004-2013) / Karima Ziamari (2013-2015) (Morocco) – vice-president
- Rudolf de Jong (Netherlands) – general secretary
- Ángeles Vicente (Spain) – treasurer
Current Executive Board of AIDA (May 28, 2015)
► Karima Ziamari (Moulay Ismail University, Meknes, Morocco) – vice-president
- ^ "AIDA - Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe". Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- ^ "Arabic Dialectology" (PDF). mohamedrabeea.com. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- ^ "Studying Arabic Dialects". slideshare.net. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- ^ "George Grigore. 2014. A Bibliography of Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe". Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- ^ "AIDA - Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe ..." independent.academia.edu. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
Last edited on 2 November 2017, at 07:19
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.