(August 27, 1936 – 2010) was an economist
, and international monetary consultant. (Nicknamed "pepe").
While at Texas A&M he visited several times both the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund
as a Visiting Scholar, and was a Visiting Professor at ITAM
, in Mexico City
, the Université du centre d'études macroeconomiques d'Argentine (see External links below), in Buenos Aires
, and the University of Göttingen
. He was a member of the Editorial Board of the 'Journal of Applied Economics'. He consulted on macroeconomics
policies for international organizations in several countries throughout Latin America and the Middle
and Far East
. He directed and served on dozens of dissertation committees from students from around the world.
Select academic articles
- "Shock versus Gradualism in Models of Rational Expectations; The Case of Trade Liberalization," Journal of Development Economics, 1997.
- "On the Treatment of Anticipated Shocks in Models of Optimal Control with Rational Expectations: An Economic Interpretation," American Economic Review, 1990.
- "On the Outcome of Inconsistent Programs under Exchange Rate and Monetary Rules," Journal of Monetary Economics, 1987.
- "The Revenue-maximizing Inflation Rate and the Treatment of the Transition to Equilibrium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 1983.
- "Market Organization and the Durability of Durable Goods," Econometrica, 1977.
- "The Honest Government's Guide to the Revenue From the Creation of Money," Journal of Political Economy, 1974.
Last edited on 27 November 2020, at 00:29
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.