Library Information Network of Clackamas County
Libraries in Clackamas County
(Library District of
- two locations operated by the county: Oak Grove (Oak Lodge)  and Gladstone,
- two branches operated by the city of Sandy: Sandy, Hoodland (in Welches)
- the city libraries operated by Canby,Estacada, Happy Valley, Lake Oswego,Milwaukie (the Ledding Library), Molalla,Oregon City, West Linn, and Wilsonville.
The Happy Valley Library was originally opened as the Sunnyside branch of the Clackamas County Library in 2012 to replace the Clackamas Corner branch near the Clackamas Town Center
The county transferred the library to the City of Happy Valley effective July 1, 2015.
The City of Gladstone transferred their local library to Clackamas County effective December 1, 2019.
The member libraries share an integrated library system
which allows cooperative borrowing. Shared services, including cataloging, computer support, courier, and interlibrary loan
, are coordinated by the Network Office, a department of the county government. The system currently offers nearly half a million titles, 1.2 million items, and serves over 200,000 members, who check out more than 6.2 million items each year.
In November 2008, Measure 3-310
was passed by Clackamas County voters, leading to the creation of a Library District that established permanent property tax
-based funding for libraries in the county.
The cities of Damascus
, and Johnson City
opted out of the district's creation.
In May 2010, a close vote by the small subset of Tualatin
residents who are also Clackamas County residents meant that they would join the district.
Following a petition signed by 300 Damascus residents, Damascus voters approved a measure to join the Clackamas County library district in November 2010.
- ^ a b c d "Formation of Library District of Clackamas County" (PDF). Clackamas County, Oregon. November 4, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 3, 2011. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- ^ a b Canby Public Library Archived 2009-02-15 at the Wayback Machine from its city website
- ^ Oak Lodge Library from the Clackamas County website
- ^ Official website Archived 2009-02-28 at the Wayback Machine of the Gladstone Public Library
- ^ About the Library Archived 2014-07-18 at the Wayback Machine from the City of Sandy website
- ^ Official website of the Estacada Public Library
- ^ Happy Valley Library official website
- ^ Lake Oswego Public Library from its city website
- ^ Ledding Library of Milwaukie: Governance & Funding Archived 2010-01-28 at the Wayback Machine from the city of Milwaukie website
- ^ Library from the City of Molalla website
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-07. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- ^ About the Library from the City of West Linn website
- ^ Official website of the City of Wilsonville
- ^ Fugetta, Emily (April 12, 2012). "Library space odyssey gets happy ending". The Oregonian (via Newsbank).
- ^ "Happy Valley Library -- Happy Valley Library". librarytechnology.org. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- ^ Roberts, Anthony (November 4, 2008). "Clackamas County Library District wins big". The Clackamas Review. Retrieved April 27, 2013.[permanent dead link]
- ^ "Tualatin's Clackamas County voters barely supporting library annexation". The Oregonian. May 19, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- ^ Tims, Dana (May 15, 2010). "Damascus residents mount campaign to join Clackamas County library district". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
Last edited on 31 May 2020, at 16:48
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.