List of titles and honours of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (26 October 1919 – 27 July 1980) held numerous titles and honours, both during and before his time as Shah of Iran
Royal titles and styles
From his father's accession to the throne, on 15 December 1925, until his own accession, on 16 September 1941, Mohammad Reza held the style and title of His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince
. Mohammad Reza deliberately chose to crown himself as Shah ('King'), rather than Shahanshah ('King of Kings'), pledging that he would not do so until he turned Iran into a prosperous and modernised nation. On the 26th year of his reign, in 1967, his imperial coronation ceremony took place and he was elevated to the title of Shahanshah.
On 15 September 1965, Mohammad Reza was granted the title of Aryamehr ('Light of the Aryans') by an extraordinary session of the joint Houses of Parliament.
Imperial State of Iran
National dynastic honours
Decorations and medals
- ^ Ansari, Ali M. (2012). The politics of nationalism in modern Iran. New York: Cambridge University Press. p. 90. ISBN 9780521687171.
- ^ Ansari, Ali M. (2012). The politics of nationalism in modern Iran. New York: Cambridge University Press. p. 103. ISBN 9780521687171.
- ^ a b Fardust, Hossein; Dareini, Ali (April 1999). The rise and fall of the Pahlavi dynasty : memoirs of former General Hussein Fardust. Delhi: Motilal Banarsidass Publ. pp. 15–16. ISBN 978-8120816428.
- ^ James Buchan (2013). Days of God: The Revolution in Iran and Its Consequences. Simon and Schuster. p. 64. ISBN 1416597778.
- ^ John Prados (2006). Safe for Democracy: The Secret Wars of the CIA. Ivan R. Dee. pp. 102–103. ISBN 1615780114.
- ^ "Reply to a parliamentary question" (PDF) (in German). p. 97. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- ^ "Kolana Řádu Bílého lva aneb hlavy států v řetězech".
- ^ "The History of Papal Knighthoods". Association of Papal Orders in Great Britain. Archived from the original on 24 July 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- ^ reinanzaka-sc.o.oo7.jp/kiroku/documents/20140523-3-kiji-list.pdf
- ^ Revistas.bancomext.gob.mx
- ^ Whitaker's Almanack 1960
- ^ Dragović, Rade (6 April 2011). "Srpski orden na ruskim grudima" [Serbian Medals on Russian Chests] (in Serbian). Večernje novosti. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
O. James Younessi
, Orders, Decorations, and Medals of the Empire of Iran – the Pahlavi Era
Last edited on 9 April 2021, at 21:12
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.