Ministry of Defense (Saudi Arabia)
Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman
, in his official position as First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, with U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis
- Military Affairs Administration – In 1929, A royal order was issued by King Abdulaziz, the founder of Saudi Arabia, to create the Military Affairs Administration to deal with military issues and build a strong army. The army was organized into three units: machine gun, infantry and artillery units.
- Defense Agency – In addition to the Military Affairs Administration, the Defense Agency was established by King Abdulaziz’s order in 1934 as a requirement of the expansion and modernization where further detachments were created and distributed over the cities and seaports of the country.
- General Staff Presidency – In 1939, the General Staff Presidency was established replacing the Military Affairs Administration.
- Ministry of Defense and Aviation – In 1943, the Ministry of Defense was created replacing the Defense Agency, later in 1952, its name was changed to the Ministry of Defense and Aviation.
- Ministry of Defense – In 2011, the Ministry of Defense and Aviation was renamed to be Ministry of Defense.
Ministers of Defense
Flags of the Armed Forces
- ^ "Mission". www.mod.gov.sa. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- ^ Brown, Daniel. "The 15 countries with the highest military budgets in 2017". Business Insider. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- ^ "Report: Saudi Arabia world third highest military spender in 2017". Middle East Monitor. 3 May 2018. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- ^ Tian, Nan; Fleurant, Aude; Kuimova, Alexandra; Wezeman, Pieter D.; wezeman, Siemon T. (May 2018). "Trends in world military expenditure, 2017" (PDF). SIPRI. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- ^ "Saudi Arabia, armaments and conflict in the Middle East | SIPRI". www.sipri.org. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- ^ "Historical Perspective". www.mod.gov.sa. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- ^ "Ex-Ministers, Ex-Deputy Ministers, and Ex-Chiefs of Staff". www.mod.gov.sa. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
Last edited on 8 February 2021, at 18:33
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.