Founded in 1997 when Bradley purchased the National Journal Group, the company expanded for three decades by launching several new publications and acquiring others. It began to slim down in 2017 when Bradley sold a majority stake in The Atlantic to Emerson Collective
, and continued by selling Quartz
in 2018, CityLab
in 2019, and the Government Executive Media Group
Four years later, he acquired The Atlantic
After first vowing to leave the magazine in Boston, he moved the headquarters to Washington, D.C., in 2005.
He also acquired Government Executive
, which later created Nextgov
, aimed at government leaders in IT; Defense One
, aimed at national security leaders; and Route Fifty, aimed at leaders in state and local governments.
In 2012, the company launched Quartz, one of the first websites designed from the start to serve mobile readers.
In 2018, Bradley sold Quartz
, a Japanese financial publisher, in a deal that valued the publication up to $110M. 
- ^ "AtlanticMedia.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info – DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- ^ a b "Atlantic Media". Atlantic Media. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^ "About Us". National Journal. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- ^ Jaffe, Harry (October 1, 2000). "Citizen Bradley | People & Politics". Washingtonian. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- ^ White, Gillian B. (July 28, 2017). "Emerson Collective Acquires Majority Stake in The Atlantic". The Atlantic. Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- ^ Halper, Daniel (July 28, 2017). "Key Dem Donor Takes Over 'Country's Most Important' Journalistic Institution". The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- ^ Wemple, Erik (July 28, 2017). "Laurene Powell Jobs's Emerson Collective to purchase majority stake in the Atlantic". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- ^ "Bloomberg Media to Acquire CityLab From The Atlantic". The Atlantic. 2019-12-10. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ^ "Atlantic Media Sells Off Government Executive Media Group". Retrieved 2020-09-08.
Last edited on 4 February 2021, at 21:07
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.