is a borough
of the city of Montreal
. It was created January 1, 2006, following the demerger of parts of the city.
The borough has an area of 27.1 km² (10½ sq. mi.) and a population of 69,297.
has the largest nature park in the City of Montreal, the Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park
. It is also home to several English elementary schools (St. Anthony School, St. Charles School, Greendale, Terry Fox School, Kingsdale Academy) as well as the public English high school, Pierrefonds Community High School
. There are also three French private schools, Collège Charlemagne, Collège Beaubois and École Charles-Perrault.
has two nature parks known as Roxboro Island
and Roxboro Woods,
three elementary schools (Lalande, French; Charles A. Kirkland, English; and Socrates, Greek) as well as a small library
and a large library (1997).
(William G. Boll). It also had a Federal Canada Post office 1996-12-13.
The former headquarters of the Roxboro Volunteer Fire Brigade is now Station 58 of the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal
and houses a single engine company. The adjacent former Roxboro Town Hall houses the Fire Prevention officers for Fire Division 11, and also serves as a borough point of service for the Roxboro area.
Visible Minorities (2016
Specialized schools include:
Primary schools include:
- du Grand-Chêne
West Island Career Centre
- Beechwood Elementary School
- Greendale Elementary School
- St. Anthony Elementary School
- St. Charles Elementary School
- Terry Fox Elementary School
- Kingsdale Academy
- In addition Westpark Elementary and Wilder-Penfield Elementary in Dollard-des-Ormeaux and Margaret Manson Elementary School in Kirkland serve portions of the borough.
- ^ Ministère des Affaires Municipales et Régions: Pierrefonds-Roxboro
- ^ Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: PIERREFONDS--DOLLARD (Quebec)
- ^ Chief Electoral Officer of Québec - 40th General Election Riding Results: NELLIGAN
Chief Electoral Officer of Québec - 40th General Election Riding Results: ROBERT-BALDWIN
- ^ 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Pierrefonds, Quebec
2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Roxboro, Quebec
- ^ Official Transport Quebec Road Map
- ^ "ÉCOLES ET CENTRES." Commission Scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
- ^ http://www3.csmb.qc.ca/ecoles/Default.aspx?alias=www3.csmb.qc.ca/ecoles/rose-virginie-pelletier
- ^ "School Board Map." Lester B. Pearson School Board. Retrieved on September 28, 2017.
- ^ "Les bibliothèques par arrondissement." Montreal Public Libraries Network. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
Celebrities include the Tudor family
Last edited on 9 June 2021, at 00:41
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.