Founded in 2010 in the mold of United Way
and Jewish Federations of North America
and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois
, Pillars is focused on funding secular non-profit programs supporting American Muslims in media, public relations, and leadership development. It is one of the largest funders of Muslim issues in the United States.
Pillars Fund is governed by a Board of Advisors, many of whom are prominent American Muslims. The organization makes particular effort to ensure that donations go to projects that would not elicit controversy.
Pillars Fund funds a variety of approaches towards its stated goal of "amplifying the leadership, narratives and talents of American Muslims," with stated program areas of rights, wellness, understanding and leadership.
As of 2017, it had invested more than $2 million in such programs,
and expects to award $700,000 in 2017. It receives typically awards fifteen of the hundreds of grant applications it receives each year.
- ^ a b c d e "In a Fearful Moment, This Growing Fund Channels Muslim American Philanthropy". Inside Philanthropy. July 25, 2017. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ "Charity Navigator - Unrated Profile for Pillars Fund". Charity Navigator. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ a b c d "A Secret Weapon In The Fight Against Islamophobia". Buzzfeed. September 6, 2017. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- ^ a b "Giving Circles in Cross-Cultural Context". eJewish Philanthropy. November 19, 2013. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ a b c d "KAPOS: Chicago grantmaker is making national waves". Chicago Sun Times. August 7, 2017. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ "Pillars Fund". W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ "Pillars Fund". The Chicago Community Trust. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ "Voices of Change, Voices of America". Auburn Theological Seminary. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- ^ "Pillars Fund Awards $25,000 Grant to Islamic Chaplaincy Program". Hartford Seminary. April 21, 2016. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
Last edited on 7 June 2021, at 18:59
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.