The Broadcasting and Television National Company
: الشَرِكَة الوَطَنِيَّة لِلْإِذَاعَة وَالتَلْفَزَة
, aš-šarika al-waṭaniyya li-l-ʾiḏāʿa wa-t-talfaza; French: Société nationale de radiodiffusion et de télévision, SNRT
; Standard Moroccan Tamazight
: ⵜⴰⵎⵙⵙⵓⵔⵜ ⵜⴰⵏⴰⵎⵓⵔⵜ ⵏ ⵓⵏⵣⵡⴰⵢ ⴷ ⵜⵉⵍⵉⴼⵉⵣⵢⵓⵏ Tamssurt tanamurt uazway d tilifizyun
) is the public broadcaster
الشركة الوطنية للإذاعة والتلفزة
Société Nationale de Radiodiffusion et de Télévision
It was formerly called Moroccan Radio and Television (RTM) from 1956 and Radiodiffusion-Télévision Marocaine (RTM) from 1961. Radio-Maroc was one of the founding members of the European Broadcasting Union in 1950 and continued as an active member until 1 January 1961 when RTM changed its affiliation to associate membership. In 1969 RTM was readmitted as an active member.
Role as a public broadcaster
In the exercise of its public service
function, among the obligations of the SNRT Corporation are:
- Promote dissemination and awareness of constitutional principles and civic values.
- Guarantee the objectivity and truthfulness of the information provided, while ensuring that a broad range of views is presented.
- Facilitate democratic debate and the free expression of opinion.
- Promote the territorial cohesion and linguistic and cultural diversity of Morocco.
- Offer access to different genres of programming and to the institutional, social, cultural, and sporting events that are of interest to all sectors of the audience, paying attention to those topics that are of special interest to the public.
- To serve the widest audience, ensuring maximum continuity and geographical and social coverage, with a commitment to quality, diversity, innovation, and high ethical standards.
SNRT currently runs ten television channels:
SNRT currently runs four national radio stations, alongside several regional radio stations:
Main regional stations
SNRT offers an online portal at snrt.ma The website is managed by SNRT's Interactive Media department and allows users to listen and watch live feeds of the network's radio and television stations. The portal also features blogs, news stories.
Last edited on 21 April 2021, at 15:20
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.