The Senate House Libraries
), formerly The University of London Research Library Services
, was a group of libraries
based in Bloomsbury
which together comprised an extensive research collection across the humanities
and social sciences
. It existed under this name from 2011 to 2013.
, the headquarters of the Senate House Libraries
SHL was a division of the University of London
, headquartered at Senate House
on Russell Square
, and was formed by bringing together the former University of London Library (now Senate House Library) and the libraries of the various institutes comprising the School of Advanced Study
. The previous umbrella name, University of London Research Library Services (ULRLS) was replaced by Senate House Libraries on 1 April 2011 in a rebranding exercise.
The following eight libraries were part of SHL:
The combined holdings of the libraries amount to almost 3 million volumes, including many thousands of journals, and numerous deep and rich collections of research materials in subjects across the disciplines.
- ^ "Library | Institute of Latin American Studies". Americas.sas.ac.uk. 1986-11-15. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- ^ "IALS Library - IALS". ials.sas.ac.uk.
- ^ "Welcome to the Combined Classics Library". library.icls.sas.ac.uk.
- ^  Archived September 1, 2005, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Library". 12 December 2016.
- ^ "IHR Library - Institute of Historical Research". www.history.ac.uk.
- ^ "Senate House Library". Shl.lon.ac.uk. 2015-09-30. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- ^ "The Warburg Institute: Library". .sas.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
Last edited on 28 December 2020, at 13:51
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.