Sfax–Thyna International Airport Sfax–Thyna International Airport
(French: Aéroport International de Sfax–Thyna
: مطار صفاقس الدولي
) is an airport serving Sfax
The airport is located 6 kilometers (4 miles) southwest from Sfax
The airport has undergone several extensions and improvements. The most important development and remodeling of the terminal took place in 1988 when the runway was extended. In 1989 a cargo terminal was added and in 1996 new facilities were built: warehouse, taxiways and the airport apron was reconstructed. Additionally the runway was improved and a new control tower was built.
With a capacity of 200,000 passengers per year, the current terminal covers 2,000 m2 (½ acre). A new terminal building covers 8000 m2 (2 acres), consisting of three buildings. Construction started on 8 November 2005, and it was inaugurated on 22 December 2007. With a total cost of six million dinars, it has a capacity of 500,000 passengers. A total budget of 25 million dinars was also devoted to the airport to give it a total facelift (control tower, runway and parking).
From 2011 the airport was the main hub and headquarters for Syphax Airlines
up until 2015.
Airlines and destinations
- ^ Airport information for DTTX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- ^ Airport information for SFA at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- ^ Sfax–Thyna International Airport Archived 4 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine at Office de l'Aviation Civile et des Aeroports (OACA)Archived 25 May 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Contact Us." Syphax Airlines. Retrieved on 1 January 2013. "Headquarters Address: Sfax Thyna International Airport – 3018 Sfax – Tunisia" – in French Archived 20 January 2013 at the Wayback Machine: "Siège Social Adresse: Aéroport International Sfax Thyna – 3018 Sfax – Tunisie"
- ^ "Tunisair resumes Sfax – Paris Orly sector from June 2019". routesonline.com. 3 July 2019.
Last edited on 27 December 2020, at 00:35
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.