Southern Province, Rwanda Southern Province
: Intara y'Amajyepfo
: Province du Sud
: Zuidelijke Provincie
) is one of Rwanda
's five provinces
. It was created in early January 2006 as part of a government decentralization program that re-organized the country's local government structures.
Southern Province comprises the former provinces of Gikongoro
, and Butare
, and is divided into the districts of Huye
, and Nyaruguru
The capital city of Southern Province is Nyanza
Notes and references
- ^ Area Calculation (see below)
- ^ "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Pixel sizes for provinces taken from traced maps: Northern = 28,547; Eastern = 81,548; Southern = 50,844; Western = 51,798; Kigali = 6,129
- Total Pixel size for Rwanda = 28,547 + 81,548 + 50,844 + 51,798 + 6,129 = 218,866
- => Southern Province % of total area: 50,844 / 218,866 = 23.23%
- Total area of Rwanda = 26,338 km2 (10,169 sq mi)
". The World Factbook
. United States Central Intelligence Agency. 4 March 2010. Accessed 11 March 2010.
- => Area of Southern Province = 26,338 km2 (10,169 sq mi) x 23.23% = 6,118 km2 (2,362 sq mi)
Last edited on 21 April 2021, at 12:23
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.