His most memorable roles were in two films, Raising Arizona
, as unpainted furniture store owner Nathan Arizona, and Bull Durham
, as Joe Riggins, manager of the Durham Bulls minor league baseball team.
The end credits of The Silence of the Lambs
and Miss Firecracker
dedicate the films to him.
Personal life and death
Wilson died at age forty from a cerebral hemorrhage
in New York City
on January 16, 1989,
and was buried at Forest Park Cemetery in Houston five days later, on what would have been his 41st birthday.
- ^ a b c d "Trey Wilson, 40, dies; a stage and film actor". New York Times. (obituary). January 17, 1989. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- ^ a b c d e Dansby, Andrew (January 21, 2007). "Houston's Trey Wilson: Best actor you've never heard of". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- ^ a b c "Actor Trey Wilson, 40". Bangor Daily News. Maine. Associated Press. January 18, 1989. p. 4.
- ^ a b "Deaths elsewhere". Milwaukee Journal. January 18, 1989. p. 2A.
- ^ a b c King, Lynnea Chapman (2014). The Coen Brothers Encyclopedia. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 196. ISBN 978-0810885769.
- ^ Smith, Gary A. (2017). Vampire Films of the 1970s: Dracula to Blacula and Every Fang Between. McFarland & Company. p. 80. ISBN 978-0786497799.
- ^ Orr, Christopher (September 9, 2014). "30 Years of Coens: Raising Arizona". The Atlantic. Retrieved December 17, 2019.
- ^ Sherman, Fraser A. (2010). Screen Enemies of the American Way: Political Paranoia About Nazis, Communists, Saboteurs, Terrorists and Body Snatching Aliens in Film and Television. McFarland & Company. p. 189. ISBN 978-0786446483.
- ^ Nichols, Peter M., ed. (2004). The New York Times Guide to the Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made: An Indispensable Collection of Original Reviews of Box-Office Hits and Misses. St. Martin's Griffin. p. 150. ISBN 978-0312326111.
- ^ DeMichael, Tom (2016). Baseball FAQ: All That's Left to Know About America's Pastime (FAQ Pop Culture). Backbeat. ISBN 978-1617136061.
Last edited on 27 March 2021, at 20:39
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.