It is served by one of the largest private libraries in the country, Max von Buch. Maintaining over 70,000 volumes, the library was recognized by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
though their Program for Latin American Libraries and Archives.
The university provides more than 70 study abroad
programs with universities in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Australia.
San Andrés is the first institution in Argentina to offer a double degree accredited by Grandes Ecoles ESCP-Europe
The Universidad de San Andrés
is one of the only two liberal arts colleges in Argentina, along with Universidad Torcuato Di Tella
The university is a daughter institution of St. Andrew's Scots School
, an institution founded by Scottish immigrants
in 1838. It is named after Saint Andrew
, the patron saint of Scotland, and its crest is composed of the Saltire
(the flag of Scotland), and thistles (the national flower of Scotland). The current institution was formally established on September 1, 1988, by the Scottish Civil Educational Association of San Andrés (ACEESA). This entity was superseded in 2010 by the University of San Andrés Foundation(FUdeSA).
The university offers undergraduate degrees in the following disciplines:
- Doctorate in Education
- Doctorate in Economics
- Doctorate in History
- Master’s in Administration and Public Policy
- Master's in Business Administration
- Master’s and Specialization in Business Law
- Master’s in Economics
- Master’s and Specialization in Education
- Master’s in Organizational Studies
- Master’s in Historical Research and Postgraduate History Program
- Master’s in Journalism
- Master’s in International Relations and Negotiations
- Master’s and Specialization in Finance
- Master’s and Specialization in Technological Services and Telecommunications Management
- Master’s in Marketing and Communication and Specialization in Marketing
- Specialization in Strategic Human Resources Management
- Specialization in Non-Profit Organizations (in association with Torcuato di Tella University and CEDES),
- Program in Human Factors and Organizations in Risk Management
- Program in Brazilian Culture
University of San Andrés has 596 academics, of which 76 are full-time researchers, divided in seven departments:
- Department of Administration
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Mathematics and Sciences
- School of Education 
The department of foreign studies offers students one of the most sought-after exchange programs in Argentina. 
Programs Under Academic Agreements Include:
- Canada: HEC Montréal, Schulich School of Business, York University, Université de Montréal, University of Guelph
- United States of America: Harvard University, Annemberg School of Communication, University of Southern California, Rice University, Babson College, Columbia University, Kansas University, New York University, University of Illinois, The College of New Jersey, University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School of Business,University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland, University of Miami, University of Washington, Kellogg School of Management
- United Kingdom: St. Antony's College, Oxford University, University of Bath, University of Edinburgh, University of Kent, University of Leeds, University of London, Regent’s College, University College London, University of Westminster
- France:ESCP-Europe, Institut d'études politiques de Paris, Montesquieu–Bordeaux IV, Université de Toulouse, Jean Moulin University Lyon 3
- Spain: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Universidad de Deusto, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Universitat de València, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Italy: University of Bologna, Bocconi University
- Germany: Frankfurt School of Financial Management, WHU- Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management
- Austria,Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, and The Netherlands: FH Joaneum University of Applaied Sciences, Jönköping University, Saint-Petersburg State University, University of New York in Prague, Czech Republic, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Université Libre de Bruxelles, University of St. Gallen, University of Oslo, Vrije Universiteit
- Mexico: Centro de Investigación y Docencia –CIDE-, Universidad de las Américas, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
- Brazil: Desarrollo –Instituto de Capacitación y Estudios, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos,Universidade Federal da Bahía,Universidade Federal de Rio Grande do Sul,Univeresidade Federale do Río de Janeiro, Brazil
- Chile: Universidad de Desarrollo, Universidad Diego Portales,
- Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay: Universidad de los Andes,Desarrollo –Instituto de Capacitación y Estudios, Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Universidad de Montevideo,Universidad ORT
- ^ "San Andrés at a Glance". Universidad de San Andrés. Archived from the original on 2012-11-14. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- ^ "La Biblioteca ganadora del subsidio otorgado por la Andrew W. Mellon Foundation". Universidad de San Andrés.
- ^ "Programs under Academic Agreements". University of San Andrés.
- ^ "Exchange partners". ESCP Europe.
- ^ "Breve historia de la Universidad de San Andrés". Universidad de San Andrés.
- ^ http://www.udesa.edu.ar/Study-Abroad/Semester-and-Summer-Programs/Programs-under-Academic-Agreements
Last edited on 6 April 2021, at 20:14
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.