, stylized as VB
, is an American technology website headquartered in San Francisco
. It publishes news, analysis, long-form features, interviews
, and videos.
In 2014 and 2015, the company raised outside investor funding from Silicon Valley
venture capitalist firms including CrossLink Capital, Walden Venture Capital, Rally Ventures, Formation 8
The VentureBeat web site comprises a series of distinct news "Beats": Big data
, Business (general news), Cloud, Deals, Dev, Enterprise, Entrepreneur, Media, Mobile, Marketing, Security, Small Biz, and Social. In addition, the site includes a semi-separate publication, GamesBeat, as one of its major sections. GamesBeat focuses on videogames and the videogame industry.
VentureBeat's editorial team includes:
- Harrison Weber – executive editor, and has previously written for The Next Web and The Huffington Post.
- Dean Takahashi – covers gaming and previously worked for The Wall Street Journal and Los Angeles Times.
- Dylan Tweney – former VentureBeat executive editor and current editor at large.
- Morwenna Marshall – current editor at large.
In September 2009, Matt Marshall took on the role of executive producer for the DEMO conference. Over the years a variety of companies have launched at DEMO including Boingo, TiVo, ETrade, VMware, Palm, Java, Symantec, Salesforce and others. In September 2012, VentureBeat ended its partnership with DEMO.
VentureBeat produces a variety of themed industry events, including MobileBeat, GamesBeat, and GrowthBeat.
In addition, it produces several small, annual conclaves of C-level industry executives called Summits.
- ^ Statz, Pamela (August 31, 2006). "VentureBeat Launches (Kinda)". Wired.
- ^ "Company Overview of VentureBeat, Inc". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- ^ "VDEMO Gets Desperate: Shipley Out, Marshall In". TechCrunch. Retrieved August 2, 2010.
- ^ "Farewell, DEMO. It's been an incredible ride". September 19, 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- ^ "VentureBeat Ethics Statement". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- ^ "About VentureBeat". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- ^ a b Tweney, Dylan (June 9, 2015). "It's time for new adventures". VentureBeat.
- ^ Marshall, Matt. "Farewell, DEMO. It's been an incredible ride". VentureBeat. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- ^ "VentureBeat events". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- ^ "Mobile Summit 2013". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
Last edited on 16 April 2021, at 18:30
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.