Stephan Shakespeare has been YouGov's Chief Executive Officer since 2010. Roger Parry
has been YouGov's Chairman since 2007.
Since Peter Kellner's retirement, its methodology has been overseen by Stanford University professor Doug Rivers.
In December 2017, YouGov purchased Galaxy Research to establish presence in Australia.
YouGov specialises in market research and opinion polling through online methods. The company's methodology involves obtaining responses from an invited group of Internet users
, and then weighting these responses
in line with demographic information. It draws these demographically-representative samples from a panel of over 12 million people worldwide.
As YouGov's online methods use no field-force, its costs are lower than some face-to-face or telephone methods.
In 2006 YouGov began expanding outside the UK through acquisitions and acquired Dubai-based research firm Siraj for $1.2 million plus an eventual earn out of $600,000. In 2007 they added Palo Alto, CA
based US research firm Polimetrix for approximately $17 million, Scandinavian firm Zapera for $8 million and German firm Psychonomics
for $20 million. In 2009 and 2010, YouGov expanded its US operations with two acquisitions; first buying Princeton, NJ
research firm Clear Horizons for $600,000 plus an earn out of $2.7 million, then Connecticut
-based research firm Harrison Group for $6 million with a $7 million earnout. In 2011, YouGov acquired Portland, OR
-based firm Definitive Insights for $1 million with a potential $2 million earn out. In 2011, YouGov made its first organic expansion by opening an office in Paris, France
. In January 2014, YouGov entered the Asia Pacific region
with the acquisition of Decision Fuel for an estimated consideration of approximately £5 million.
In 2010 YouGov bought a 20% stake of sports media data company SMG Insight. In 2018 the company acquired the remaining 80% of SMG Insight's stock.
The new business was rebranded YouGov Sport.
- ^ a b c YouGov. "Financial Reports", 8 October 2019. Retrieved on 28 October 2019.
- ^ "YouGov offices". Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- ^ "Kellner, Peter Jon". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com (2014 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 26 May 2014. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- ^ a b "YouGov President Peter Kellner to Step Down". MR Web. 2016-02-15.
- ^ "London Stock Exchange – YouGov". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- ^ "YouGov – Shareholders". YouGov: What the world thinks.
- ^ "Zahawi stands for parliament and steps down as yougov ceo". Research Live. 2010-02-22.
- ^ "Parry takes post at YouGov". The Guardian. 2007-01-15.
- ^ "British Polling Council Officers and Members". britishpollingcouncil.org.
- ^ Brent, Peter (10 April 2007). "Forget the election contest, look at the pollsters". Crikey. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- ^ "YouGov acquires Galaxy Research". Mumbrella. 17 December 2017. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- ^ "YouGov Panel". Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- ^ "Acquisition of Decision Fuel". Investegate. 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- ^ Katie McQuater (25 May 2018). "YouGov fully acquires SMG Insight". Research Live.
Last edited on 21 April 2021, at 22:42
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.