The Division of Computer programming
The Division of Computer Programming supports all learning endeavors involved with the methodology behind programming, software abstraction, algorithms, data structures, design, testing, and maintenance of computer software.
Content development projects
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this department, you can list your name here (this can help small departments grow and the participants communicate better; for large departments a list of active participants is not needed).
- Aepex (Computer Science)
- AmiDaniel -- VB6, Java, various others
- Aneeyh (Beginner: C, C++, HTML, PHP)
- Brandon Stanton -- C++, HTML/HTML5, CSS, Java, and whatever else I can learn!
- Charles Mwiyeretsi ( SQL, Java, PHP, C, CSS...)
- User: CraigAthens (Beginner: Python,Java. Needs help)
- Cslashb HTML, CSS & Visual Basic, learning Java, C# & C++
- CSYoung (Beginner)
- Dayne (Computer Programming)
- Devourer09 (Computer Science)
- Donald McLean -- Introduction to Programming and the companion course Introduction to Programming in Java
- Ernie.cordell 19:08, 1 February 2011 (UTC) (serious computer scientist)
- forbesbuck 15:00, 8 Dec 2010 (just looking to learn code)
- Gadaba ( SQL, Java, PHP, C, CSS...,Game Design)
- Girish Pandit(Java, J2EE, SOA, Data Structures, Design Patterns,Database, PHP)
- Hillgentleman--interested to learn PHP
- Hitesh Kumar
- imus.cavite (inspired beginner)
- JaK81600 (Computer Science)
- Jekrox (QB, HTML, Visual Basic)
- JordanP (Beginner: CSS, HTML, XHTML, Python, PHP, Flash, Java)
- Josh Sandlin (Linux Programming)
- Mark Roberts (Computer Science)
- Mathieu (LAMP, C, Java, HTML, CSS beginner)
- Michael Billington (talk • contribs) (VB6, C, and apparently PHP)
- OMouse (D programming language, general proof-reading and filling in the gaps)
- Pedro Gonnet(talk)
- Peter Rawsthorne (LAMP beginner)
- Prototype (Visual Basic, HTML, PHP + SQL)
- Punk Boi 8
- Quasar (talk)(C Programming, C++, Data Structures, Java)
- raghunandanan 05:05, 9 May 2007 (UTC) a beginner
- Rbhagwandin 16:34, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Richard2me (Computer Science)
- Vinod Tiwari -- Java programing, HTML, CSS, XML, Database
- May 12, 2015 — The department is doing general cleanup of all its resources.
- March 3, 2015 — Python has gone under active development in recent months and is looking for more contributors!
- March 17, 2014 — New layout for the Division's home page.
- May 14, 2007 — New programming language added (D) and lesson numbers for programming languages updated.
- September 16, 2006 — Department upgraded to division
- August 20, 2006 — Department founded!
This is a list of reasonably completed courses.
Planned Programming Languages
This is a list of reasonably uncompleted courses.
Applied topicsLinux Programming •
Web Programming •Web Development with Webmachine for Erlang • Functional UI Development with ReactJS
Specialized programming environments
Literature on programming exercises
Exercise design for introductory programming : "Learn-by-Doing" basic O-O-concepts
using Inverted Curriculum Marcel Kessler. Master thesis, ETH Zürich, 2004; ETH, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, Department of Computer Science, Chair of Software Engineering, 2004.
At least one topic in Procedure Oriented languages
At least Two object-oriented languages.
At least one topic in functional languages.
At least one topic in web-based standards.
At least one topic in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
At least one other topic in computer programming languages.
Or another web based language or standard: