- A person who owns and rents land such as a house, apartment, or condo.
- (chiefly Britain) The owner or manager of a public house.
- (surfing, slang, with "the") A shark, imagined as the owner of the surf to be avoided.
publisher's blurb for Stories from the Surf – The Lost Coast
by Drew Kampion 
2004: the lurking presence of “The Landlord”
- (person who rents something): lessor
- (owner or manager of a public house): publican
person who owns and rents land such as a house, apartment, or condo
- Armenian: տանտեր (hy)(tanter)
- Bulgarian: хазяин (bg) m(hazjain)
- Catalan: amo (ca) m, mestressa (ca) f
- Czech: pronajímatel (cs) m
- Danish: kromand c, krofatter c, gæstgiver c
- Dutch: huisbaas (nl) m
- Esperanto: termastro
- Finnish: vuokranantaja (fi), vuokraisäntä
- French: propriétaire (fr) m or f
- Friulian: paron m
- German: Vermieter (de) m, Hauswirt (de) m
- Greek: σπιτονοικοκύρης (el)(spitonoikokýris)
- Hungarian: háziúr (hu)
- Icelandic: leigusali (is) m
- Indonesian: tuan tanah (id) m
- Irish: tiarna talún m, tiarna talaimh m
- Italian: proprietario (it) m
- Japanese: 家主 (やぬし, yanushi), 地主 (ja) (じぬし, jinushi), 大家 (ja) (おおや, ōya)
- Latvian: saimnieks m, saimniece f
owner or manager of a public house
Last edited on 24 January 2021, at 04:35
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.