Habitability: Difference between revisions From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Revision as of 17:15, 27 October 2017
In order to be habitable, such housing usually:
New York law
Some states, such as New York, have given additional statutory protections in addition to those created by caselaw
These statutes include:
- Lobby attendant service by a concierge or landlord 
- Elevator mirrors 
- Smoke detectors
- Window guards
- Intercoms and self-locking doors
- Protection from lead paint 
- ^ Nolo
- ^ In New York, see N.Y. Multiple Dwelling Law § 79.
- ^ Mold in condominium: Negligent maintenance: Breach of warranty of habitability: Settlement: Verdict | Law Reporter | Find Articles at BNET.com
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-05-02.Unknown parameter |deadurl= ignored (|url-status= suggested) (help)
- ^ Pennsylvania
- ^ generally, United States
- ^ California
- ^ District of Columbia
- ^ Vermont (form).
- ^ TITLE 10.COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT Part 7. TEXAS RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION COMMISSION Chapter 304. WARRANTIES AND BUILDING AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS Texas Residential Construction Commission
- ^ Massachusetts
- ^ See N.Y. Attorney General's WebsiteArchived 2007-03-12 at the Wayback Machine, q.v., and in External sources.
- ^ N.Y. Multiple Dwelling Law §50-c
- ^ N.Y. Multiple Dwelling Law §51-b; NYC Admin. Code §27-2042
- ^ N.Y. Multiple Residence Law §15; Buffalo Code Ch. 395; NYC Admin. Code §27-2045, §27-2046
- ^ NYC Health Code §131.15
- ^ N.Y. Multiple Dwelling Law §50-a
- ^ NYC Health Code §173.14;
- ^ Constructive Eviction archive
- ^ See N.Y. Real Property Law §235-b.
- ^ Warranty of Habitability (rev 7/96)
- ^ N.Y. Multiple Dwelling Law (MDL) §78 and §80; Multiple Residence Law (MRL) §174. (Note: The MDL applies to cities with a population of 325,000 or more and the MRL applies to cities with less than 325,000 and to all towns and villages; from N.Y. Attorney General's Website Archived 2007-03-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ (Note to editors: merge with this article?)
This page was last edited on 27 October 2017, at 17:15