From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Early life and education
Badran's brother, Mudar Badran
, is a politician in Jordan and served as prime minister several times.
Badran resides in Dabouq. He has six children and six grandchildren.
On 1 April 2019, Badran's wife, Maha, died after a long illness at age 67.
Professor and politics In 1987, Badran was appointed first Secretary General of the country's Higher Council for Science and Technology, the president of which is Prince Hassan
Professor Badran also served as agriculture minister and education minister briefly during the late 1980s. During the 1990s he became president of the Arab Academy of Sciences and the Philadelphia University of Jordan, positions that he still holds. From 1994 to 1998, he was deputy director of UNESCO
Badran was appointed prime minister on 7 April 2005 by King Abdullah II as part of a new government which was to be more reformist than previous governments.
Badran also became defense minister in the new government. After seven months, however, he and his government resigned over the slow progress of reforms and the frustration caused by the hotel bombings in Amman on 9 November 2005.
Badran served as the president of Petra University
, one of the leading private universities in Amman, Jordan. In September 2014, he became Chancellor at the university.
- ^ a b "Badran, Adnan". Rulers. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- ^ a b "Detailed Curriculum Vitae Prof. Adnan Badran" (PDF). University of Petra. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
- ^ "Jordan (09/05)". U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
- ^ "Jordan (09/05)". U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 10 February 2021.
- ^ "Prof. Adnan Badran". IAS. Archived from the original on 13 August 2009. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- ^ Petra University
- ^ "University of Petra | Professor Adnan Badran". www.uop.edu.jo. Retrieved 10 February 2021.
- ^ "UNESCO Science Report The Arab States Adnan Badran and Moneef R. Zou'bi". ResearchGate. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
This page was last edited on 24 March 2021, at 01:47