Adobe Photoshop Elements
is a graphics editor
for photographers, image editors and hobbyists. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images. It is a successor of Adobe Photoshop (Limited Edition).
Originally introduced alongside Adobe Photoshop
version 6, Photoshop Elements targets photography enthusiasts and thus lacks many features that make it useful in a proper print production environment.
For example, Photoshop Elements cannot export files in the CMYK
color mode, supports a simplified color management system, and excludes detailed soft-proofing
. It also includes a limited set of Photoshop plugins
, and instead has a number of features aimed at non-experts (such as removing the red-eye effect
or changing the skin tone in a picture). An example of a redesigned feature is the Variations correction dialog. Some versions can, however, open, edit, and save PDFs
The Mac version does not allow keyboard shortcuts to be added through the Mac System Preferences, as can be done with virtually all other programs for Mac.
Version 13 no longer supports the Windows XP
platform. While Adobe no longer sells earlier XP-compatible versions on its site, users can still register and use retail packaged editions of earlier versions that may still be available in retail outlets.
Adobe has improved performance and also added new features and tools over the years, like the new AI powered one-click subject selection, new home screen, content-aware crop, automatic image colorization and skin smooth. In this new version users now can add facial expressions to the images with the power of Adobe Sensei machine learning
AI, which was introduced in 2017. Batch Editing and adding slideshows, filters and effects to the images were also possible with the recent versions.
Photoshop Elements is available for Windows and macOS. It is not available as part of a creative cloud subscription, but rather as a single purchase or upgrade purchase. Additionally, a bundle of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements
is available for purchase.
Note: Adobe Photoshop Elements on macOS is available in many languages including English, Japanese, etc.
- ^ a b Barkey, Jonathan (July 2001). "Editor's Choice 3.0: Software". American Photo. Hachette Filipacchi Magazines. 12 (4): 92. ISSN 1046-8986.
- ^ "Easy Photo Editing Software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020". www.adobe.com. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- ^ Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE - Macworld
- ^ Gushiken, Cari (September 19, 2011). "A Decade of Fun: Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 10!". Photoshop.com. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- ^ Hogarty, Tom (September 24, 2012). "Announcing Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11". Photoshop.com. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- ^ Gager, Bob (September 23, 2013). "Introducing Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 12". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- ^ Gager, Bob (September 23, 2014). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements 13". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- ^ Gager, Bob (September 24, 2015). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Premiere Elements 14". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- ^ Staff (October 4, 2016). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15". Photoshop.com. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- ^ Adobe Communications Team (October 8, 2020). "Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 & Premiere Elements 2021". Adobe Blog. Retrieved October 28, 2020.
- ^ Clark, Pam (October 20, 2020). "Photoshop: Now the world's most advanced AI application for creatives". Adobe Blog. Retrieved October 28, 2020.
Last edited on 21 July 2021, at 13:22
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.