In early 1994, Tang opened the Kafka Bookstore in the old city of Chengdu in Renhou Street. This literary bookstore was popular with visitors to the city. Around 1999, the bookstore closed and Tang disappeared from the Chengdu cultural scene, resurfacing in Tel Aviv
several years later.
A collection of poems she wrote in China during this period (1992–2002) were published in 2012 as X-ray, Sweet Night
: X光的、甜蜜的夜) in 2012.
Tang was the director of Chengdu Vientiane Documentary Film Production Company. Her first documentary film Tsurphu Monastery
: 楚布寺 was filmed in February 1998. Her major works include Dzachuka
: 扎溪卡), Nyma the Conqueror
: 降神者尼玛), At the Gate of Reincarnation-Tibetan Funeral Customs
), Top Adventure-98 Yarlung Zangbo River Rafting Adventure
), Nightingale, Not the Only Voice
: 夜莺不是唯一的歌喉, 2000).Nightingale
follows the lives of three artists in Chengdu
and conveys their feelings of oppression in the modern market economy.
Tang divorced in 2001. She later met an Israeli man studying Chinese medicine. They married and moved to Israel in late 2005. There, Tang taught Chinese at Tel Aviv University
- ^ a b Hu Xiao (Chinese: 胡晓) (5 March 2008). "消失9年 "卡夫卡"女诗人唐丹(组图)" ['Kafka' poetess Tang Dan disappeared for 9 years]. Sohu (in Chinese).
- ^ Tang Danhong (October 2012). X光的、甜蜜的夜 [X-ray, Sweet Night] (in Chinese). 出版社黑蓝文学. ISBN 978-7-6570-6365-7.
- ^ Tang Danhong (21 March 2008). "Tibet: Her Pain, My Shame". China Digital Times.
- ^ Beach, Sophie (30 June 2016). "Troubled Times: Voices of Tibetan Refugees". China Digital Times.
- ^ Tang Danhong (18 February 2019). "塔里木，一个维吾尔人" [Tarim, A Uyghur]. China Digital Times (in Chinese).
- ^ Rudolph, Josh (13 March 2019). "Three Poems by Detained Uyghur Poet 'Tarim'". China Digital Times.
- ^ Hu, Lidan (28 March 2018). "A brief history of women's filmmaking". Modern Chinese Literature and Culture, Ohio State University.
- ^ Chu, Yingchi (2007). Chinese Documentaries: From Dogma to Polyphony. Routledge. p. 247. ISBN 978-1-134-18603-7.
Last edited on 10 December 2021, at 12:55
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0
unless otherwise noted.