Tool for generating popular page reports for WikiProjects
A tool for generating monthly popular pages reports for WikiProjects.
- Copy config.ini.example to config.ini and add the bot's username and password.
- Run composer install from the command line.
- Either run the bot manually or set up a cron job to run it once a month.
- Fetches config from on wiki config page (example for English Wikipedia).
- Runs on all of the projects listed in the config, compiling pageview statistics for the previous month.
- Updates the info page on wiki with the timestamp of page update.
- checkReports.php: Starting point for a new bot run. Gets config info for all projects not already updated for past month and then passes it to ReportUpdater.
- ReportUpdater.php: The file that actually updates projects.
- ApiHelper.php: Contains all helper functions for dealing with the API and Database (bit of a misnomer).
- Logger.php: Responsible for logging updates to log.txt.
- generateReport.php: Script to manually regenerate a report for a single project.
- generateIndex.php: Script for generating the index page.
- Make sure the translations for the language are in the /messages directory.
- Add the configuration for the project in wikis.yml. This indicates where the WikiProjects configuration and index pages live.
- Add your WikiProjects configuration on the corresponding on-wiki JSON page.
- Add a new cron job for the wiki, such as 0 0 1 * * checkReports.php en.wikipedia.
No releases published
No packages published