Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts
Save as PDF
Play video on original page
This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign and French-Canadian schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience.
For each foreign institution entered, click Upload under Colleges Attended and upload any associated transcripts.
Canadian Schools
English-Canadian Transcripts
Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to Common App for transfer even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.
French-Canadian Transcripts
Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to Common App for transfer.
Caribbean Medical Schools
All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign colleges and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to Common App for transfer, as they will be discarded. Determine whether your programs require foreign evaluations (which may be sent to Common App for transfer), or if they will accept original Caribbean transcripts mailed directly to the program.
Official Foreign Transcripts
If your program requires official foreign transcripts, you can order an electronic transcript or submit a paper transcript via mail; be sure to include the Common App for transfer Transcript ID Form to help us match your mailed paper transcript to your application. Foreign transcripts must be in English or include a certified English translation. 
Documenting Foreign Coursework
If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, your program may require that you submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to Common App for transfer from the evaluation service.
Be sure to contact the transcript evaluation service as early as possible; services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received.
Do not send foreign transcripts to Common App for transfer, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded.
To send foreign evaluations by mail, use the following address:
Common App for transfer Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9135
Watertown, MA 02471
International applicants can also send foreign evaluations to the following street address:
Common App for transfer Transcript Processing Center
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
STE 5600
Watertown MA 02472
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt. ​​​
Back to top
US and English-Canadian Transcripts Study Abroad or Overseas US Transcripts
© Liaison International. All Rights Reserved.
Home The Common App for transfer Help Center Sending Your Official Transcripts to The Common App for transfer Sending Official Transcripts to The Common App for transfer
OverviewCanadian SchoolsEnglish-Canadian TranscriptsFrench-Canadian TranscriptsCaribbean Medical SchoolsOfficial Foreign TranscriptsDocumenting Foreign Coursework